Salmon recipes?

TerriLaChicks

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Central Louisiana
Anybody have a good recipe for salmon patties, or burgers, or whatever you call them? & how do you cook them? I'm talking about salmon out of a can. Never tried them before but trying to have more fish in our diet this year. Thanks for any help!

Salmon loaf is pretty good. My Mother in-law gave me a recipe. Is like meatloaf but is salmon instead of beef. Most canned salmon has BONES in it, so these will need to be picked out. If you spend a little extra, you can get it without bones if your store carries it. Canned Red Salmon, always has more flavor than Pink. FYI

This salmon loaf recipe is made with canned salmon, eggs, bread crumbs, milk, parsley, butter, lemon juice, and pepper.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutesIngredients:
•1 can (16 ounces) salmon
•3 cups fine dry bread crumbs
•1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
•1 tablespoon lemon juice
•1 teaspoon salt
•1/4 teaspoon pepper
•1/2 cup finely chopped celery
•2 tablespoons grated onion
•3 tablespoons butter
•2 eggs, beaten
•reserved salmon liquid and enough milk to make 3/4 cup
Preparation:
Drain salmon, reserving liquid, and break into large pieces in a bowl. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery, onion, and butter; blend well.
Place mixture in a well greased loaf pan.

Add enough milk to the salmon liquid to make 3/4 cup. Combine eggs with liquid and pour over the salmon mixture. Bake loaf at 350° for 45 minutes or until loaf is set in the center.
Salmon loaf serves 6.

Last edited:
Potato salmon patties are also good. Yummmmmmmm
droolin.gif

1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup garlic and herb seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup dry potato flakes
1 medium onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions
1.In a medium bowl, mix salmon, eggs, garlic and herb seasoned dry bread crumbs, dry potato flakes, onion, garlic, dill weed, celery salt, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 2 inch balls, and flatten into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
2.Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. In batches, cook patties about 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.

Quote:
Forgot to tell you, I usually mix in the egg and milk, not pour over the top. Will be a little loose, but will set up in the oven. I usually have to leave it in my oven for about an hour.

yes the red is deffinately better.

I re-invent mine everytime but rule of thumb is 1 egg and 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (or other binder) per can of salmon.
Fresh basil, chopped pickled jalepenos, lemon Juice, capers, diced onions - seem to make their way in a lot and then I vary the dipping sauce based on the additions. You can take just about any flavored sauce (hoisen for instance) and mix with mayo and it is great on Salmon patties.

does it have to be salmon from the can? yuck!
smile.png
ok, my wife makes salmon patties usin can salmon, bread crumbs, lemon and eggs to bind it, shapes them, coas in corn meal and pan fries them. Why not a simple roasted salmon fillet - salmon, lemon, olive oil cover with foil into oven at 375 for about 15 minutes. YUM!! Email me at [email protected]12.ca.us for more recipe ideas.

Back
Top Bottom