San Diego area breeders/hatcheries

Oh thanks! That's a nice offer. I'm currently still thinking about this. I need to make a pen and research this, find out if I can even have a few hens or ducks in my neighborhood! I'd like to find ducks that are good layers too.

Wow! That's awesome. Thanks. Never would've thought to look on Craigslist.

I'm still gathering up knowledge and trying to decide if I want to do this. It'd be a fun hobby.

I got a buttercup and a Delaware from Kahoots in Ramona and the feed store in Spring Valley Ranch I think it's called had several varieties and also started pullets last time I was there a month ago. I ordered 4 from My pet chicken and they are all doing great now at 12 weeks. You just have to give them a drink of sugar water immediately when you take them out of the box before putting them in the brooder. Then keep an eye on them to be sure they eat, drink and poop. One of mine pasted up but after cleaning her up a few times she was fine. It's really pretty easy...don't be scared. Plenty of support here.
smile.png

I get my chicks from Liberty Farms in El Cajon. I got 4 Speckled Sussex from the lady that runs the farm last November. They are absolutely beautiful and have started laying eggs about a month ago. I just got two Rhode Island Reds and two Americauna chicks from her three days ago. I can't imagine they will do poorly considering my past experience with these chicks.

Quote:
Just registered so please forgive the very late comment
smile.png

I would love to buy one if and when you have any roosters available. Since it will be my pet I hope you have a few that I can look at and choose. Please let me know the details on how to make this happen. Thanks in advance.

Andrew,

I would greatly appreciate addresses of the locations mentioned here. I'm willing to travel 100miles to buy the chicken of my dreams
smile.png
If not, I'm have in mind to contact a few people in Fresno and go there instead. Would prefer to buy locally if possible. Thank you.

Andrew,

Back
Top Bottom