Sand Hill Preservation Center

None of my birds came from hatchery's, The guy in FL was suppose to have the best blood line around for the chicks I was looking for, but kept giving me the run around his loss. You know I always get back with the people that call or email me, you know it's really not that hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cherokee Order from them I don't think you will be disappointed. I placed an order by mail in early February and it will be sent out April 4 like I asked. Remember though they are in Iowa and they are having a bad bad winter It is better not to ask for an early shipping date as the weather will effect the chicks. When I got my confirmation they put a note in saying that the winter has been hard on the hatch rate of the cochins. hopefully it will improve and I will get them. I did say they could substitute so either way my order will go out a planned. I also ordered one of their autumn specials last year. 25 LF birds for 22.50 plus shipping I was surprised to receive 5 blue jersey giants, 5 cuckoo marans, 5 black leghorns,5 mille fluer leghorns and 5 exchequer leghorns. The birds are beautiful and growing nicely. they are 5 months old now.

I also received their catalog this year. As a side note, did anyone else see that he has been asked to write the newest revision of Storey's Guide for poultry? I thought that was pretty cool!

OK, You guy's talked me into it
big_smile.png
, I just placed an order with Sand Hill and I am going to kick back and see what happens
pop.gif

Steve

My brooders are in full swing now, we have been hatching since Jan already hatched around 250 plus chicks, and now we are gearing up for Peafowl breeding season and that's always lots of fun. YEA RIGHT
lau.gif

Steve

THANK YOU for the heads up about the Storey's poultry book! I never think to look at photo credits.
roll.png

I love this book, and it is the single reason of why and how I fell in love with blue laced red Wyandottes.
It is neat that Glenn has been asked to write the revision, which is another reason why they are going to be super busy this year. I did email them and got 2 responses in a very timely manner, but that was in November or December. I wouldn't expect an answer this time of the year.

I have Jersey Giants, silver laced Cochins (hopefully) and BLRW coming next month. I have been considering placing an order for a 25 "left over" chick special and now I believe I'm going to be sending it off. Hopefully I can have it shipped with my first or second order - which I'm working on.
big_smile.png

Has anyone seen their black frizzle Sumatras? I'm definately going to have Golden Lakenvelders in my next order. I'm trying to keep myself limited to just a few breeds until I have time to build more pens, but that is proving to be unbelievably hard!

I too have Storey's Guide and I'm going to go look tonight!

Wasn't the blue-laced red Wyandotte the "unusual bird in chickendom," NancyE?

Back
Top Bottom