Sapphire Olive Egger ... anyone worry this is a boy?

I sent the photos to the hatchery and they said (with apparent confidence, no “probably”) “Yup. That’s a Sapphire Olive Egger female!”
Hopefully they’re correct to be so confident. I really want olive eggs, and I really don’t want a rooster.

I sent the photos to the hatchery and they said (with apparent confidence, no “probably”) “Yup. That’s a Sapphire Olive Egger female!”
Hopefully they’re correct to be so confident. I really want olive eggs, and I really don’t want a rooster.

I hope you give Roos a try again someday. I’ve had 3 now and all have been perfect gentlemen to every human and child they’ve met. Quite frankly I think the hens wouldn’t know what to do without one. I’ll never not have a roo :).

I hope you give Roos a try again someday. I’ve had 3 now and all have been perfect gentlemen to every human and child they’ve met. Quite frankly I think the hens wouldn’t know what to do without one. I’ll never not have a roo :).
We have 7 bantam roosters and they are sweet and shy and don’t pester anyone. But full-size rooster... I am spooked. But I am not a chicken executioner, so if one of these supposed pullets turns all roostery on us, we will definitely give him the benefit of the doubt.

Do you have any updated photos of your sapphire OE? I have 2 7 week olds & just want to know what to expect. Thanks!

E2766E2A-44B7-46DC-AF9B-E9C0F8C3B0E7.jpeg
BBC7AE7D-1EDC-4A20-BACA-3353CBCBCA2C.jpeg
0AEFBC7D-EC2F-41C8-A6B3-B565C878DAE4.jpeg
BA433078-3C58-479F-95AB-BA8FB4E58F80.jpeg

Nine weeks old yesterday.

Do you have any updated photos of your sapphire OE? I have 2 7 week olds & just want to know what to expect. Thanks!

I think the Sapphire Olive Eggers are Crested Cream Legbar x Marans. I think I even read that they are sex linked but I can’t find it now. I’m guessing by now you know that they are pullets? Can we see your eggs? I’ve got 2 of these girls and can’t wait for olive eggs!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom