Post pictures of your olive eggers please

I have only ever had one Olive Egger and she was killed by a bobcat. I never got a picture of her but she was my extra chick when I ordered.
She looked really close to a golden laced wyandotte - I miss her.
Aww she sounds adorable ❤️ Ash died last year of a heat stroke and I miss her every day so I know how you feel:hugs

Oh, look at their adorable little crests! I like the splash one, was she noticeably paler than the others as a chick or was her chick down darker?
They did change as their feathers grew in but the lighter one did stay light & the darker ones actually got darker. The ones that seems to change a lot are reds with blue or dark grey. One actually started as a very dark chick & grew in lovely speckles reddish tone, eventually molting to turn gold, what a surprise! When they go through molt, some may change again.

Let me find some pics of the hen I call Mystery, not even sure of her breed...she is not an Olive Egger, she lays a gorgeous creamy, pale tan egg. Her feather colors were such a change, it really is cool how they can develop various color feathers.

She started as a dark brown fuzz with cute reddish gold fuzzy face, then gradually the dark fuzz disappeared as reddish gold feathers grew in. Then her molt was more gold! Mystery is such a sweet girl, too.

20210909_205351.jpg
20211107_154109.jpg 20211107_154352.jpg 20220111_103849.jpg 20220111_103849.jpg
You can still see some dark color on the edges of her feathers. So pretty! 😍

Attachments

• 20220111_104240.jpg
    20220111_104240.jpg
    821.4 KB · Views: 5
They did change as their feathers grew in but the lighter one did stay light & the darker ones actually got darker. The ones that seems to change a lot are reds with blue or dark grey. One actually started as a very dark chick & grew in lovely speckles reddish tone, eventually molting to turn gold, what a surprise! When they go through molt, some may change again.

Let me find some pics of the hen I call Mystery, not even sure of her breed...she is not an Olive Egger, she lays a gorgeous creamy, pale tan egg. Her feather colors were such a change, it really is cool how they can develop various color feathers.

She started as a dark brown fuzz with cute reddish gold fuzzy face, then gradually the dark fuzz disappeared as reddish gold feathers grew in. Then her molt was more gold! Mystery is such a sweet girl, too.

View attachment 3746284
View attachment 3746285View attachment 3746287View attachment 3746289View attachment 3746289
You can still see some dark color on the edges of her feathers. So pretty! 😍
Ooh, I love the contrast between the dark sooty feathers on her head and the golden feathers on her neck!

Well Tassels clearly knew I was talking about her and she came back into lay today.
But not army green! I wonder if it will just take her a while to sort out her mix of ink, or if this is her color for this season!
Hers is the middle egg in the front row.
IMG_4935.jpeg

She stopped laying for the winter in early November and you can see her eggs were more green before she took a break.
IMG_4050.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg
IMG_0497.jpeg

One more post! Above are my two olive eggers as babies, Opal (left) & Olive (right). Sadly we lost Opal to a fox. The second picture is my first ever green egg from one of them!

Back
Top Bottom