Saxony Duck Thread!

Thanks for your detailed response--very helpful. Our two ducklings have graduated to the teen area, so it's time to start introducing them to duck life.
When we construct our slide, we'll post pictures--so funny. I remember our ducks acting like children and kept going up the steps and down the slide over and over.

Hi dotknott,

Thanks for the reply! The "babies" are 3 weeks old now -- that went by SUPER fast! We've just started taking them out into the yard for a swim for brief periods each day and let them move around. Thanks for the heads-up about the body heaviness. I've started to notice that one in particular seems to struggle a bit under the weight but moves just fine once s/he gets going.
Here is a pic from about 10 days ago. They are SO much bigger now!

Some photos from the duck yard.

thumbsup.gif

Hey I got four saxonies just before this thread was started but I didn't have an account back then. I've finally bit the bullet and made one and here I am!

One from when they were little..

The boys(Peter and Jan, I named them all german names) eating sunflower seeds from my hand...

My favorite duck Heidi.

The boys and my other girl Gertrude.

Being mobbed by chickens...

Heidi sitting on my lap. I just love her.

The boys just got their curly tail feathers last week so they are all growed up now!
Now I just am waiting on the eggs
pop.gif

Hope ya'll like the pics!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom