Scarey Predator Story: Resolved!

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, Mr. Pink!

I agree totally with what you say. I definitely do not have a "It's not a big deal" attitude. You have helped me a lot: You got me thinking about it.

However, how can one trap something like that since our back yard is a habitat for wildlife? It would be a losing battle...I could make the place into more of a farm: put rip rap along the water front instead of riperian grasses and trees, mow everything, put brick or concrete on the trails, etc., but such things are a lot of work and expensive.... I am not certain killing wild mink or stoats is legal here... I could find out. If I put out no kill traps so that we could move the weasels to other areas such as state parks, etc., I am concerned that any trap would just as easily catch one of the four kitties that run through our back yard.

I will consider what you say, and I thank you sincerely....

I'd consider talking to a local trapper .... they will know the local laws and can come out and assess your situation . Around here recreational trappers are always looking for places to trap and will go to great lengths to assure they do not trap any pets

Thank you, CarolinaSinshine! We do not have pavers, but I will keep my eyes open for security materials. Our coops, fencing and little barn are all made from recycled materials and other people's leftover materials. I bet there are things around that could help, and will start looking.

Isn't it wonderful that a place far away from us in the south east would be similar to what we have here in Oregon. I love that. If you are ever out this way, come visit!
Ack, I really need to change my username! I'm from Northern California!! I'd love to visit the Carolinas someday and almost moved to Asheville. I ended up moving to Ashland in Oregon instead!!!

I'd consider talking to a local trapper .... they will know the local laws and can come out and assess your situation . Around here recreational trappers are always looking for places to trap and will go to great lengths to assure they do not trap any pets

I will look into it. Thank you!

Ack, I really need to change my username! I'm from Northern California!! I'd love to visit the Carolinas someday and almost moved to Asheville. I ended up moving to Ashland in Oregon instead!!!

Ha ha! A fellow Oregonian! i love it here.

Have you gone to some Shakespearean plays? I love that sort of thing!

I was down south volunteering for Katrina, and it is very beautiful. We were in Louisiana and Mississippi. I do not mean the terrible destruction of the hurricane and floods was beautiful, but the land was, and the climate (It was fall. I might not like summer) and the sea and the people.

Ha ha! A fellow Oregonian! i love it here.

Have you gone to some Shakespearean plays? I love that sort of thing!

I was down south volunteering for Katrina, and it is very beautiful. We were in Louisiana and Mississippi. I do not mean the terrible destruction of the hurricane and floods was beautiful, but the land was, and the climate (It was fall. I might not like summer) and the sea and the people.
I went to some of the plays when I lived there, and I especially loved the Green Show performances and saw them as often as I could because they were free!

You write eloquently. I suggest getting an electric fence. I got mine on Amazon with a solar power charger. 400 bucks and covers a large area. It saves peace of mind. Worth every penny. Been zapped a couple of times. Trust me, any animal would run the other way.

Attachments

• E355CE2A-5A26-49A4-9A23-9DCF9C78AB38.png
    E355CE2A-5A26-49A4-9A23-9DCF9C78AB38.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom