Screaming fox won't leave me alone

Foxes are extremely smart and sneaky. They will watch your patterns for weeks, or months and see what and when and how you do things. Maybe it's mate is trying to get something and that one is distracting you?? Who knows but just keep an eye out on your surroundings when you are running through the woods at night foxhunting. Is your coop and run protected good, where the fox can't get in it?

i don’t know why, but dogs do attract foxes. I had to put a fox down a couple of years ago because he was “baiting” my Border Collies by coming to their fenced in area every afternoon and yelping at them. I ended that game. They were coming too close for comfort.

We have 2 dogs, they are mostly inside, but we have foxes screaming and barking all the time behind the house and beside the house. We heard a coyote one night, sounded like it was in the backyard. I ain't ever moved so fast. I guess I was gonna wrestle it barehanded because I went outside without a gun. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I love my flock, and I'd have tried to fight that thing if I'd have had to. Right now, we got la mink, muskrat, or otter in the creek behind the house. My old mans son saw it the other night, but he couldn't tell exactly what it was. I swear I feel like I'm guarding the president sometimes. Standing outside with a gun, listening, and waiting. A mountain lion attacked and almost killed the neighbors horse several years ago. It grabbed him around the neck and started scratching with it's hind legs on the horses belly. The owner and my old man ran out there and it took off. And another neighbor, he lives about 1/4 mile as the crow flies, has found several bear dens on his property and the game land.

To update on this thread: I haven't had a single repeat of the fox screaming at my house since putting out that quite bright motion-activated light out that also has the little red blinking light on it. That's not to say the fox doesn't come round quietly - it might, but the security light was a cure for the screaming part at least. I kind of doubt it's coming round though because there are zero tracks in the area when there's snow/mud that would record it. Only footprints are my dog's - and one pest of a feral cat that I've been dealing with for a year, but that's another matter. At any rate, my dog is also getting trustworthy off the leash now, so if screamy fox comes 'round when I can just throw open the front door or when the dog is already outside...it better get a reaaaaally good head start.

Is your coop and run protected good, where the fox can't get in it?
Yep. My husband calls it "chicken alcatraz" lol. Any fox would have to come with either an axe, tin snips, a lock picking kit to stand much chance.

A mountain lion attacked and almost killed the neighbors horse several years ago.
Those things really are no joke. I'm glad I don't have to deal with them where I currently live. When I was a kid, my family lived in the rockies and I saw one of those stalking me a few times when I was playing outside. My parents didn't believe me until an elderly neighbor was house sitting for us at one point. Darned thing parked itself in front of the main door and waited for her to come out. She did something that scared it off and nothing bad happened, but it was pretty obvious what it was trying to do there.

Back
Top Bottom