I just saw this thread, I hatched my first babies 2 weeks ago, it is an OBSESSION!!! I woke up to 2 hatched and the third I got to watch. You are right, it is crazy how big the air sac gets at the end and you should get a little pip soon. Can't wait to see them

I just saw this thread, I hatched my first babies 2 weeks ago, it is an OBSESSION!!! I woke up to 2 hatched and the third I got to watch. You are right, it is crazy how big the air sac gets at the end and you should get a little pip soon. Can't wait to see them
Yesss I got my first PIP this morning on day 29. I made the tiniest pinhole in my unresponsive egg, 2 of 3 of my eggs have been rocking and wiggling for 2-3 days. The 3rd also my lightest one wasn’t active so I pulled it out today real quick and checked on it under the brooder and it was internally pipped, I put a thumbtack hole in it and it started chirping loudly after then I pat it with a warm wet towel and put it back in, lots of movement now.
IMG_6273.jpeg

Hi everyone, I am on day 7 of incubation my Sebastopol geese eggs. This thread is for others to post their candeling pictures I’ll be posting mine every few days. I have never incubated eggs before and decided to start with the expensive Sebastopol goose eggs because I am impatient and didn’t want to lose this breeding season to practice on cheaper eggs. I went on eBay and saw that someone selling these eggs lived 15 minutes from me so I got very luck and got fresh unshipped eggs. My eggs were put in incubator day 3 after laying. But I am a little lost my Candeling looks different then I usually see there pictures are of 7 day incubation. Are my babies alive? I think so but now doubt is creeping in. Egg weights on day 7 were Egg 1: 187.5 G Egg 2: 197.3 Egg 3: 185.7 G
Looks and sounds good to me!

Yesss I got my first PIP this morning on day 29. I made the tiniest pinhole in my unresponsive egg, 2 of 3 of my eggs have been rocking and wiggling for 2-3 days. The 3rd also my lightest one wasn’t active so I pulled it out today real quick and checked on it under the brooder and it was internally pipped, I put a thumbtack hole in it and it started chirping loudly after then I pat it with a warm wet towel and put it back in, lots of movement now.View attachment 3764148
Perfect great way to assist just a little air hole. Your doing great bet I see baby pictures tomorrow morning.

Hi everyone, I am on day 7 of incubation my Sebastopol geese eggs. This thread is for others to post their candeling pictures I’ll be posting mine every few days. I have never incubated eggs before and decided to start with the expensive Sebastopol goose eggs because I am impatient and didn’t want to lose this breeding season to practice on cheaper eggs. I went on eBay and saw that someone selling these eggs lived 15 minutes from me so I got very luck and got fresh unshipped eggs. My eggs were put in incubator day 3 after laying. But I am a little lost my Candeling looks different then I usually see there pictures are of 7 day incubation. Are my babies alive? I think so but now doubt is creeping in. Egg weights on day 7 were Egg 1: 187.5 G Egg 2: 197.3 Egg 3: 185.7 G

IMG_6295.jpeg

Perfect great way to assist just a little air hole. Your doing great bet I see baby pictures tomorrow morning.
IMG_6298.jpeg

Here’s your pictures first one out, other two still chirping in the egg. Thinking about assisting the smaller egg, waiting until the afternoon. the heaviest egg has always been a day behind so I’m going to leave it for today see what happens. the other two aren’t externally pipped yet, still alive though.

Attachments

• IMG_6305.jpeg
    IMG_6305.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 5
Tiny air
View attachment 3764848

Here’s your pictures first one out, other two still chirping in the egg. Thinking about assisting the smaller egg, waiting until the afternoon. the heaviest egg has always been a day behind so I’m going to leave it for today see what happens. the other two aren’t externally pipped yet, still alive though.
Tiny air holes never hurt. The larger the egg the longer it takes to hatch in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom