Hi everyone, I am on day 7 of incubation my Sebastopol geese eggs. This thread is for others to post their candeling pictures I’ll be posting mine every few days. I have never incubated eggs before and decided to start with the expensive Sebastopol goose eggs because I am impatient and didn’t want to lose this breeding season to practice on cheaper eggs. I went on eBay and saw that someone selling these eggs lived 15 minutes from me so I got very luck and got fresh unshipped eggs. My eggs were put in incubator day 3 after laying. But I am a little lost my Candeling looks different then I usually see there pictures are of 7 day incubation. Are my babies alive? I think so but now doubt is creeping in. Egg weights on day 7 were Egg 1: 187.5 G Egg 2: 197.3 Egg 3: 185.7 G

IMG_6346.jpeg

IMG_6346.jpeg
IMG_6344.jpeg
All three are out and alive. I did assist a shrink wrapped one, that was nerve racking, it’s the darker smaller one in the middle. The other two that hatched after the first one are definitely weaker, I hope they make it through the night lol.

View attachment 3765504

View attachment 3765504View attachment 3765505All three are out and alive. I did assist a shrink wrapped one, that was nerve racking, it’s the darker smaller one in the middle. The other two that hatched after the first one are definitely weaker, I hope they make it through the night lol.
There Beautiful. Great Job MaMa. Hard boiled egg yolk is a good supplement to there feed for there first few day's once they start eating. Nutritional yeast also will get there strength up.

There Beautiful. Great Job MaMa. Hard boiled egg yolk is a good supplement to there feed for there first few day's once they start eating. Nutritional yeast also will get there strength up.
I did get some brewers yeast! That’s good to know about the yolks though! Final pictures of the sweet babies

Attachments

• IMG_6361.jpeg
    IMG_6361.jpeg
    569.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6360.jpeg
    IMG_6360.jpeg
    747.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6355.jpeg
    IMG_6355.jpeg
    618.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6359.jpeg
    IMG_6359.jpeg