Phillisy

Songster
Apr 9, 2019
Alberta, Canada
It's been months of trying and failing, but I FINALLY got a Sebastopol, and will be getting 2 more in the next month or so! :celebrateSpring babies here I come.

My new goose is approximately 3, has a thick neck, gorgeous domed head, and so far seems like the sweetest girl (I was worried getting an adult that she may be aggressive, but I really lucked out with her). Her previous owner never named her, so suggestions welcome.

IMG_0483.JPG

Yes, she looks a hot mess. In my neck of the woods breeding season has only been over for a month or so, and she's molting, so her feathering is .... undesirable at the moment, to say the least. On top of that is the fact that is has rained every day for the last 2 weeks, so I really can't blame her lol. She was purchased by her previous owner as a lavender gosling, which she clearly did not feather out as. However, her breeder does breed predominantly coloured geese, so she may be a colour carrier which I am 100% okay with.

I know their feathering is usually at it's best in the late fall/winter, but I'm wondering what's I can expect for molting timelines? I know the stock she came from, so she *should* be decently feathered, but I'm itching to know what she'll look like fully feathered out. And I f anyone has pre, during, and post molt pictures of theirs I'd love to see so I have a better idea of what to expect.

Last edited:
I don't have specific pics of mine in molt process. But it looks like yours has finished molting and is growing in her new feathers. I can see new wing feathers coming in fairly clearly. And I don't see any ragged or broken feathers like you would if she was still in molt. She should be back in "good cloths" by fall.

Back
Top Bottom