sebright roosters

Jenjens

Songster
Jun 5, 2019
IL
Hello,

I ordered 7 sebrights and it look like 4 of them are boys. Will they fight like other roosters? I don't know how I am going to rehome 4 of them when I still haven't been able to rehome my 2 drakes.

Thank you

I ordered 7 sebrights and it look like 4 of them are boys. Will they fight like other roosters? I don't know how I am going to rehome 4 of them when I still haven't been able to rehome my 2 drakes.
Probably about the same as roosters of any other common domestic breed. (Gamefowl would be different-- they are the ones that really can NOT be housed together.)

The hatchery most likely keeps a breeding flock with multiple Sebright roosters and a large number of Sebright hens, without any of them killing each other.

You could keep them with a large number of hens, or they could probably live in a pen with each other and no hens at all. I do not recommend keeping that many males with a small number of hens, because they will probably overmate the hens.

If you have trouble rehoming them, have you considered butchering them to eat? Chickens and ducks of any size are edible, even if they are small (some people eat quail, which are even smaller than bantam chickens.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom