Seen this color before?

Muscovynmore

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 22, 2012
NC
This is a duckling from last spring's hatch:

Is she not the cutest thing? She is double-blue-gene lavender, by the way.

Has anyone else had such an obvious "mismark" before? I'm pretty sure I could breed more black into her descendants. . . .

This is a duckling from last spring's hatch:

Is she not the cutest thing? She is double-blue-gene lavender, by the way.

Has anyone else had such an obvious "mismark" before? I'm pretty sure I could breed more black into her descendants. . . .
post back pics after a few months would love to see what she looks like then, she is lovely.

love.gif

Lavender Mussies are my favorite, especially the barreds. Does anyone know what color might be best to breed her to? I was thinking black, but blue might work just as well. Preferably the pied gene . . . a black-pied lavender would be hilarious, though maybe impossible.
She's calico, too, by the way. She has white feathers on her neck.

Lavender Mussies are my favorite, especially the barreds. Does anyone know what color might be best to breed her to? I was thinking black, but blue might work just as well. Preferably the pied gene . . . a black-pied lavender would be hilarious, though maybe impossible.
She's calico, too, by the way. She has white feathers on her neck.
I'm not into the genetics of what color to what for breeding, but i sure will be interested in seeing what you get when you decide. Since your in NC. have you seen BHeps Scovies she has some Lavenders as well.

I'm not 100% on color genetics but: blue is a dilution of black. lavender is self blue and dilutes other colors. If you were to breed this female to a black drake, the offspring would be all be black. You could then breed the offspring with each other to pull the lavender back out. Here is a link to a muscovy color calculator. It can be a little confusing. Just use the chart for the colors

You'll have to copy and paste all of this. It would not paste as a link. Or just search for muscovy color calculator.

http://kippenjungle.nl/kruisingFlex.html?DATA=S;Muscovy Duck Calculator;;F;muskuseend/;jpg;1,G;P;White;;,G;B;Barring;;,G;Br;Brown-rippled;;,G;N;Blue Dilution;;,G;L;Lavender;;,G;Ch;Chocolate;S;,G;F;Sepia/Faiogeno;;,G;C;Canizie/White-head;;,G;D;Duclair Piebald;;,A;P;P;;White;H;Pied;E2;,A;P;p+;;;R;;W;,A;B;B+;;;D;;W;,A;B;b;;Barred;R;;;,A;Br;Br+;;;D;;W;,A;Br;br;;Rippled;R;;;,A;N;N;;Pearl-grey;H;Blue;;,A;N;n+;;;R;;W;,A;L;L+;;;D;;W;,A;L;l;;Lavender;R;;;,A;Ch;Ch+;S;;D;;W;,A;Ch;ch;S;Chocolate;R;;;,A;F;F+;;;D;;W;,A;F;f;;Sepia;R;;;,A;C;C;;White-head;D;;;,A;C;c+;;;R;;W;,A;D;D+;;;D;;W;,A;D;d;;Piebald;R;;;,C;RP1;Sepia;Blue;Faiogeno;,C;RP1;Sepia;Pearl-grey;Faiogeno;,C;RP1;Sepia;Lavender;Faiogeno;,C;RP1;Sepia;Chocolate;Faiogeno;,C;NVL;;;Common;,C;RP;Chocolate;Lavender;Cream;,C;RP;Chocolate;Blue;Lilac;,C;RP;Chocolate;Pearl-grey;Buff;,C;RP;Cream;Pearl-grey;Buff Cream;,C;RP;Cream;Blue;Lilac Cream;,C;RP;Lavender;Blue;Light lavender;,C;RP;Lavender;Pearl-grey;Silver lavender;

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom