Self-Blue Cochin Bantams

Pics
WOO HOO!
celebrate.gif

Come on fall.. lol

Quote:
Read the thread

Just a simple question...? I was glancing through and seen. Didn't have time to read the whole thread.

No, he's just saying that this is his first SB to hatch in 2011. F4 means this is his 4th generation of breeding Self-Blues. And it's the first official SB because, until they breed pure, many chicks that hatch are black, but split to SB. He has already had a black split hatch - this is just the first of this fourth generation to be SB and not black split.

It really will make a lot more sense, if you are truly interested, to read the whole thread - or at least scan thru and read all the posts by the OP.

Here's my one roo, please don't mind the background. It was raining and I took him and a bunch of my other birds into my hubby workshop to take pictures. And he's sparse on foot feathering on the one foot and he's not perfect but I love this guy. He's a sweetheart and jumps in my arms when I open his coop door. He's a little over 4 months old.

24335_20110302_34.jpg

24335_20110302_36.jpg

~Laurie~

Cochinman - I think you are doing an amazing job and allot of people could learn allot from you, not just with cochins but other breeds as well. Your dedication and hard work really shows.
thumbsup.gif
Can't wait to see what these F4's will look like come fall.
pop.gif

Quote:
Just a simple question...? I was glancing through and seen. Didn't have time to read the whole thread.

No, he's just saying that this is his first SB to hatch in 2011. F4 means this is his 4th generation of breeding Self-Blues. And it's the first official SB because, until they breed pure, many chicks that hatch are black, but split to SB. He has already had a black split hatch - this is just the first of this fourth generation to be SB and not black split.

It really will make a lot more sense, if you are truly interested, to read the whole thread - or at least scan thru and read all the posts by the OP.

Thank you Coopa Cabana. I finally read the whole thread. When I was glancing through I just seen that and it struct me odd because I got my first Lavender Cochin cross on an F2. Of course I've been working with them to improve the Cochin apperance. I was just wanting a quick question to find out if that was his first Lavender cross. But I found out what I needed to know. Thanx

Back
Top Bottom