Self Blue (Lavender) Silkie Thread

Quote:
Sounds like they are split to blue, not to black.

If a lav is breed with a blk how would they be spilt to blue?

Either the black is really a blue, or the lavender is also blue. When present in only one copy, lavender does not affect pigment colour.

Quote:
If a lav is breed with a blk how would they be spilt to blue?

Either the black is really a blue, or the lavender is also blue. When present in only one copy, lavender does not affect pigment colour.

I just read your signature! Exciting new colors is right!! I gotta see pics
tongue.png

Just to let you guys know... we have a few TOO MANY lavender roosters and need to get rid of them ASAP~

FREE... Pick up ONLY. We are in N Central Florida.

If anyone is interested check out our facebook page...

~Darling Farms

So how are everyones lavs doing? This thread used to be crazy, and it has been so slow. Hope everyone is ok and doing well! I am selling my blues/splashes, and porcelains to focus on my lavenders, splits, and blacks. I think there is no prettier color than a lavender!
love.gif

Things are HOT HOT here so we are really slowed down. Going on day 63 of triple digits. That says it all.

Quote:
UGH! I would DIE! Hopefully it cools of very soon!

All I have right now is some splits due to hatch in the next day. Once they are out I will be setting 14 more at least. Most will be splits though. All of my lav hens but two have been in with my porcelain roo and those eggs are all on auction now. If no one bids I will set them too I guess!

I got two new birds for my lav showgirl project today! One is a 5 month lav pullet who after quarantine will go in with my lavender showgirl roo, and a young split roo who will cover my 4 lav showgirl hens, and a black split showgirl hen. I can't wait to see how they fill out!

Here the new additions are:
57966_82816_black7.jpg
57966_999121718.jpg

I am also setting 14 eggs today all from my two lav showgirl project pens. I am hoping for a good hatch since I lost my last batch to a power outage. Thanks hurricane Irene.
barnie.gif

Is anyone else still setting eggs? Any nice youngsters in the grow-out pens?

Back
Top Bottom