Self Blue (Lavender) Silkie Thread

Quote:
Lavender Dreams makes a statement of where you're at. I love it!!
big_smile.png

i have raised chickens for over 10 year and have had more breeds then i care to count i pick up breeds that i like and work on them for a while some times i deside i dont care for them after i get them sometimes i still with them for long time

Quote:
I would like to know why you think that?

I'll second that breeding the lavenders aren't for the faint of heart. I've tried countless times to hatch them, and I FINALLY got my first pure lav this last hatch. They either die off early or die right before hatch. It never fails.

Well thank you for you input but I have done my research and I will still be breeding lavenders also I would like to ask, did you ever think about getting some new stock to add to your breeding and see if that would maybe change your hatch rate any?

Quote:
The problem with getting "new stock" is that most of the Lavenders originated from ONE breeder... that's why it's recommended to breed your Lavender to Black to create the splits. The Blacks bring in new, strong blood and (hopefully, over time) dilute the bad genetics inherint to the Lavenders.

Back
Top Bottom