Self Blue (Lavender) Silkie Thread

Quote:
Well since you're so close, I will be sure to look for you when I need some lavenders.
wink.png

I've actually only tried to hatch shipped eggs from several different breeders. I know that's even more difficult than hatching from your own lines, so I'm sure you'll have much better luck than I!
big_smile.png

Quote:
About the same amount of time you would wait for any breed or variety. In other words, you will help neither sooner nor later because it is lavender. You MAY (or may not) help more frequently (as in with more eggs).

Quote:
I head that white pops up from time to time bc back down the line that is the color they used to help with the type.
Several people I no get white every now and then so you aren' t the only one.

Quote:
I head that white pops up from time to time bc back down the line that is the color they used to help with the type.

So what are their genetics?? Are they carrying 2 or 1 copys of the lavender gene

Quote:

So what are their genetics?? Are they carrying 2 or 1 copys of the lavender gene

I have also gotten a few like this. Mine usually have light beaks and eyes too...have you noticed this with yours? The two I hatched from Lav X Lav had pinkish beaks, but still black skin. I am going to look and see if I have any pics. I was also told they were from back in he day when lavs were crossed with whites before blacks. As for their genetics, it would only make sense they had 2 sets of lav gene, but I don't know for sure. I always gave them away as pets. Bren or Deb may have more info on them since they had the ones originally crossed with whites if my memory serves me.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom