sell or buy peafowl

Check California. Law. I read somewhere that it is the state bird and illegal to own. The article was a lady in ca.asking how to get rid of two peas that came to her house. She said ca. Law prevented her caging or touching them.

I guess it's actually "Arcadia" -- so much for spelling
roll.png

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/8/26/1124392/-Wild-in-the-Streets-L-A-s-Feral-Peacocks

I have grapes and the peas can not reach the grapes as they are to high off the ground for them to reach, how do they grow grapes in a vineyard? i have been to one so i have no clue, but wonder why they would want peafowl there, mabe because they are so beautiful you think?

Maybe because they eat snakes? And bugs and spiders?

And then there's the ornamental aspect!

I have always thought the snake aspect alone would make it worth keeping them, and that's often quoted as the reason zoos have them, at least out here....

Quote:
somebody needs to tell my peafowl and guineas about this snake eating, I have big problems with snakes in the pens ( guineas and peas running together ) and actually found a snake under a setting peahen once wrapped all around her eggs .

somebody needs to tell my peafowl and guineas about this snake eating, I have big problems with snakes in the pens ( guineas and peas running together ) and actually found a snake under a setting peahen once wrapped all around her eggs .

LOL, if they are big enough to wrap around the whole clutch of pea eggs, you need one of @zazouse 's dogs!

I'd be buying a whole bunch of hardware cloth and looking for holes...

Baby snakes are more pea snack-sized
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom