Seller Rant

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
Gr I need a place to vent.

I am taking an eng 101 college class. When I went to buy my books there was one book that had three different versions and the teacher didn't tell us which one. So I had to wait for the first day of class and ask him. He told me, and I went and bought the book that day off of half.com. I paid extra for 1-2 day shipping.

Nearly 4 weeks later and still no book.
he.gif
I contacted her a week and a half ago, and she is like. 'Oh sorry. I'm on my honey moon. I'll ship it express mail tomorrow.' Well as you can see she didn't. And she shoudln't off had items for sell if she was gone. I realized she was busy so I tried to be patient. But I have a chapter to read by thursday, and no book. I don't know what I will do, and we will have a test. I've been able to wing it so far. But I can't this time.

I contacted her and told her nicely that she has to ship it today or tomorrow or she needs to give me a refund.

I'm just fustrated, that I got fast shipping, and I have no book. I could of bought from anyone else and got normal shipping and it would of only taken a week. But I got fast shipping and it's been nearly 4 weeks. It didn't cost all that much extra. But if I had known she wouldn't send it I would of bought from someone else.
smack.gif

If she didn't think she could send it right away. Why didn't she just tell me and give me a refund so I could get it elsewhere. Instead she made me hope that she would send it the next day.

I'm really starting to panic and I have no clue what to do.
rant.gif
hit.gif

I would really like to keep my 100% going. But skipping homework and failing a test is going to make that go down down down.

Talk to your library, the UofA library has a "book loan" thing where you can use the book for the entire semester before returning it. There are only a limited number of copies, but if you are the first one to ask about it, you may be able to get one.

Also ask your classmates if you can borrow their book. Look for sophomores...they usually stopped reading chapters freshman year.

Definitely check the school library for the book. Most instructors will put a copy on hold for students who can't afford one. And do report on the seller wherever you bought the book so others don't get stiffed that way. Good luck!

oh! I just remembered the school library has a copy of the book to read. Thanks! I can drive up there and read the chaper.
smile.png
Too bad it's 40 minutes away but oh well.

I paid with credit card. I will be getting a refund if she doesn't send it today.

I'm just trying to decide if I should keep trying to work it out with her. Or just do a dispute. She had plenty of time to send it though....

How Frustrating!! I am sorry you are going through this! I was going to suggest, perhaps you can befriend someone in your class and have a study group? You could read the chapt, and then discuss key points and quiz each other to prepare for the test. It worked for me in the past
big_smile.png

The internet isn't the best place to buy things you have to have right away. A store is better.

Internet buyers and sellers don't always fulfill the 'reliableness' criteria.

I would get a refund. 4 WEEKS??? She is not on a honeymoon. She is lying about it and just hanging on to your money. Next time you want a book try chegg.com. They rent books for the semester. I just rented a $200.00 book for $65. Of course my chewy dog got a hold of it so now I will own it anyway
barnie.gif

They get your books out quickly and are so far pretty reliable.

Back
Top Bottom