Selling eggs

iam4hymn

Chirping
Jun 21, 2015
Georgia
Do you sell your eggs? How much do you sell a dozen for and what state are you located? Also, how much are you buying a 50lb bag of your favorite feed for? Thanks!

I was going to sell eggs for 2.25 but I am looking to sell hatching fertile eggs I am in Pennsylvania and I usually pay 17-22 dollars for it but I found it over at a mill for 13.97 for a 50 pound bag

Here in Texas in the suburbs of Houston I sell my eggs for 2.50 a dozen. At the local feed stores I pay about $13 for a 50 lb bag of laying pellets. I sell enough eggs that it covers the cost of my feed and mine & my families eggs are free.

I have 16 laying hens of 7 different breeds for a colorful egg basket. I do not advertise or sell at the local farmers market, I just put a sign in my front yard & at the end of my street.

I attended the SAWG conference in Lexington, KY over the weekend. One of the speakers was from the Nashville, TN area. He told us that he sells his organic eggs for NINE DOLLARS a dozen. He sells his spent hens for SEVEN DOLLARS a POUND! All I have to say is he must be a great salesman.

I'm near Lafayette, IN. $3 a dozen is top dollar for eggs, organic or not. Many people in my area keep a small home flock, so the demand isn't that high.

My friend that spends $23 for a 50 lb. bag for organic feed can't get more than $3 a dozen. I pay around $15 a bag for regular feed, but will be going to non GMO this spring. (in bulk)

I sell my eggs for $3 a dozen here in north FL. I get their laying crumbles for about $14 for a 50 pound bag.

I have just begun selling my eggs (following months of giving them away - dead clever eh?) and sell for the equivalent of $2.40 per dozen here in Nairobi. Ditto with Debby, it just about squeezes my feed bill to zero (and it will once my pullets get their finger out!).

CT

Here in NE Ohio we sell our eggs for $4/doz. we pay 14.50 for 40 lbs of feeds w/ omega3 and $29 for non gmo organic feed.

I'll be selling my duck eggs for $4/dozen. Locally a lot of people are selling them for $4-6/dozen. However even at $4/dozen I won't completely cover my costs. But hey, at least the ducks will be able to buy some of their own food.
wee.gif

I have just begun selling my eggs (following months of giving them away - dead clever eh?) and sell for the equivalent of $2.40 per dozen here in Nairobi. Ditto with Debby, it just about squeezes my feed bill to zero (and it will once my pullets get their finger out!).

CT

Guess one my young girls read my post - she laid her first egg
celebrate.gif

CT

Back
Top Bottom