Selling shipped eggs question

sasimpson77

Songster
6 Years
Dec 28, 2013
Ok so I sold two batches of shipped BYM eggs on ebay the first customer was great and had a good hatch rate no issues and I hatched out some of the same eggs here and had close to 100% fertility rate and the second customer just sent me a message and said all of the 12 +6 extra eggs I shipped him were infertile what should I do? I offered him another dozen eggs if he covered shipping but I think he or she is lying.

Last edited:
This was what I got from the first buyer

"Eggs are due to hatch a week from today! I have candled twice and there;s excellent fertility! I will let you know how the hatch goes.
Kerri
"

My problem now is my hens are not laying at all not sure if I have egg eaters or what but I have not gotten any eggs in about a week.

Last edited:
I Told him I would replace eggs for cost of shipping and he has requested a refund instead I will not issue a refund. Am I wrong in doing this?

No. I'm sure you were right up front about not guaranteeing hatch. How would the buyer know about fertility after incubating? I doubt that the germ disk would be intact and readable after at least 7 days of incubation. Then there's the shipping stress which you can't control, and the incubation technique/temps which you can't control. I hope you both can resolve to satisfaction... but some people just won't be satisfied.

How long have they been in the incubator? If you shipped them a month ago and he is just now waiting to tell you then I would believe him as being less than honest. You can candle and tell by 7 days, 15 at the most. If he didn't know by then, then his incubation techniques are at fault. I know a lot of people have problems with ebay eggs but I have purchased tons and have never had a 0% hatch. I have always had at least 2 (out of 6) hatch so I knew that the fertility wasn't an issue. currently I am on day 20 of ebay BBS swedish duck eggs and candling 100%.

I shipped the eggs on 03/03/14 and he is within the state. I believe he received them the 5th. I just cannot believe that eggs I have been getting a 99% fertility rate out of that he would get 18 eggs that were infertile just not possible. Also I would think he would have known by 10 days that they were not developing like you said at 15 days he is not going to be able to tell that I have ordered alot of eggs as well off ebay and I know they have been fertile but sometimes have not hatched no fault of fertility just bad shipping on USPS part. I just don't believe this guy I think he is lying and trying to get money from me and the eggs. He has kind of been difficult to work with from the beginning he asked me to end the auction early and then when the temperature was horrible and I delayed shipping to avoid issues I added an extra half dozen eggs and then he tried to tell me I needed to add a heat pack at the last minute but didn't want to pay for one. the total shipped cost for the eggs was about $15 and I might as well have paid him to take the eggs if I added a heat pack. I am going to stand by my offer to ship eggs at cost of shipping when I have a dozen eggs available (my hens are on strike right now) I will not give him a refund just don't think that is the right thing to do.

LOL this is his response to me refusing to give him a refund

"Everyone I ordered from gave a refund"

I think he needs to look at his incubating methods

If anyone wants a warning on who this seller is I can give his ebay id in a PM

After that comment it sounds like he is running a scam to me! Maybe look at his recent feedback and see if there are any egg sellers that have left him feedback. Contact them if you can through their seller profile and see if they remember having issues with him as well. This could be a case for ebay against him scamming sellers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom