Send chickens to people who really need them?

Im sorry i dont think you should be shipping chickens overseas.

Do you not understand there are starving people here in america .

WHY THE HECK do people in american care about people over seas and them starving . We have so many starving people here in our own country , Sorry i have no respect for you for trying to send food over seas . I THINK THATS BS

whoa gottalovemychickens... no need to be so aggressive. isn't doing a kind deed for anyone, regardless of nationality, location, or whatnot, still a good thing? 'Tis the Season and all.

also, Heifer International donates animals to people all over the world, including here in the States. one of their spotlight stories this year is their chicken donation program for needy families in Louisiana.

you don't have to donate, but please don't make people feel bad for wanting to make a contribution to help people, wherever they may live.

heres an idea any one can do! start a comunity flock. like the community gardens but with chickens! find some one willing to donate some space, materials for coops and such. i am sure many poverty stricken families could benifit!

Community Flocks, or the ability for individuals to house small flocks in community garden space - great idea!

However, we'd have to address some human predator issues in some areas. Why some people get their kicks torturing animals I will never understand.

i would hope that that would never hapen. that is an idea i have been thinking about, i want to start a community vegie garden in my town and had recently started thinking about the community chicken idea or having people vollenteer to rais a small flock for a family who other wise couldnt but realy could use the eggs.

starving people in USA ! i dont think so. govt in USA provides food stamps n also gives free money n there r shelters n so many other facilities that govt provides n helps the poor ppl.

there r so many jobs in USA be it in stores, gas station , bars, etc etc then wht to say about jobs if u got the required qualification!

USA is beautiful country with beautiful people especially gals! hahaha,

I appreciate squirrel girls effort that she thought n cared about starving people not just in USA but all over the world.

she has a big big heart n GOD will give her all happiness.

Likely they would die enroute. And only just-hatched chicks ship well. They are more hardy for the particular rigors of being shipped than more mature birds are. That is due to the wonderful nourishment they received from within their egg. As hard as it is to believe, they are far more likely to survive confinement and shipping than more mature birds are.

Also, Cuban longtail had it right about the cost and red tape. If you find locals who need birds, be ready to help them with a coop and run and for the possibility that they could be evicted in the future if they are that needy, and the problems that go along with that. Lots to think about.
hmm.png

There are plenty of hungry people here in America. Heifer international does work domestically as well. My son goes to a school that provides them with goats. Most recently they have been trying to support people in Appalachia. Perhaps you could work directly with them, supplying hatching eggs or day olds.

Quote:
wow were do you live ? ther are many people in the us who are starving. goverment asistance is a horrid joke at best. many MANY places do not have shelters. there are people on rezervations that have to shoot stray dogs for meat for there families. were i live there will be upwards of 800 aplications turned in for one job. the number of jobs in the paper?.....1o part time and 2 full time.

Back
Top Bottom