Serama Hatch-A-Long!!

It looks like m Castle Delight eggs are shipping tomorrow!  So excited!   I'll try not to worry about the heat...
Awesome! More little eggs to hatch! :) Did you end up making another hatcher or are these ones going under a broody? Temps are dropping at my house so I'll try and send it you way...

Well, my last little Serama egg failed to hatch. I knew something was wrong when I didn't hear any peeping after he pipped. I think he pipped at the small end of the egg and missed the aircell maybe?

Well, my last little Serama egg failed to hatch. I knew something was wrong when I didn't hear any peeping after he pipped. I think he pipped at the small end of the egg and missed the aircell maybe?

Oh what a bummer, sorry to hear that! Poor little guy.

How are the other eggs doing?

Awesome! More little eggs to hatch!
smile.png
Did you end up making another hatcher or are these ones going under a broody? Temps are dropping at my house so I'll try and send it you way...

I did make a hatcher... it is a little small but should be fine for my mixed chickens that have another week! I would a better size/quality cooler to hook it all up to but couldn't find one. I am sure one will show up eventually. I got a thermostat and fan for it and made a little hatching tray for it today.

I believe my serama eggs shipped today, much better weather for shipping eggs and they will likely arrive tomorrow.
ya.gif
I can't wait to see how they look and see what birds they are from.

Still nervous about them in the incubator... no more broody hens to be found!

Day 0... 28 new eggs in the bator... I think I went a little overboard... or a lot! Lots of booted which I wasn't crazy about but maybe it will grow on me. I saw someone mentioned turning off the fan once pipping starts and I think I will try that with this bunch when the time comes. They arrived in perfect condition as far as I could tell : )

7 other Serama eggs at various stages... finally got the 3 most developed under the broody and have the rest in the bator... will just have to keep candling them...
big_smile.png
any excuse to candle will do!

Day 0... 28 new eggs in the bator... I think I went a little overboard... or a lot!  Lots of booted which I wasn't crazy about but maybe it will grow on me.  I saw someone mentioned turning off the fan once pipping starts and I think I will try that with this bunch when the time comes.   They arrived in perfect condition as far as I could tell : )

7 other Serama eggs at various stages... finally got the 3 most developed under the broody and have the rest in the bator... will just have to keep candling them... :D any excuse to candle will do!
Hope you get a great hatch! If you end up with too many roosters, I'm looking for a little booted rooster for my 2 pullets. I have a "casey" and a "darius". :)

One of my laying hens decided to go broody, so I'm going to give her half the eggs in the incubator. I got to keep some in the incubator because I just LOVE watching them hatch. They are on day 14 so that hen might be a bit shocked when they start hatching after only sitting for a week. Do you think that could be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom