Serama Hatch-A-Long!!

I'm serama obsessed To! I could not find any nearby so i ordered shipped eggs. It has been really frustrating ,challenging ..mayb a bit costly. However..i have 11 chicks and a batch of eggs due to hatch this weekend. The best hatch I've had is from a seller on ebay ( unfinished furniture guy). I also found that keeping the eggs large end up in an egg tray and gently hand turning them worked best for me. I don't candle/handle them during incubation. Once they r ready 4 lockdown i candle them then. I use a hovabator1588 and brinsea. With the shipped eggs i haven't even gotton 50% hatch. I've also hatched shipped cemani and brahma eggs...and have gotton on average a 50% hatch or better.
That's Josiah's eggs. He has some beautiful birds! You should be getting a huge variety of colors with his eggs :)

That's Josiah's eggs. He has some beautiful birds! You should be getting a huge variety of colors with his eggs :)
I did get 5 beautiful babies! I had ordered one other batch and my dog got n2 the room and knocked over bator....most if the eggs were fertile!

Attachments

• 15005585990771744598460.jpg
    15005585990771744598460.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 10
LOL If I hadn't hatched waaaaaaay to many babies I would agree! I have no idea what I am going to do with so many since people in my area aren't too knowledgeable about anything. Other than silkies. Everyone loves silkies except for me I think.

I probably have over 50 seramas now, including hatchlings, so its not like i really need any more either. :lol:

I probably have over 50 seramas now, including hatchlings, so its not like i really need any more either. :lol:
They are worse than Lay's. seriously. I can see how easy it is to end up with that because they are just so pretty! With over 2000 colors it's impossible to have everything unless you keep a lot of them.
I have 3 gorgeous roosters, 2 of which I bought from Jer. I have a goal in mind and I just keep hatching until I reach that goal. But right now I gotta STOP and sell some of them.

I'm serama obsessed To! I could not find any nearby so i ordered shipped eggs. It has been really frustrating ,challenging ..mayb a bit costly. However..i have 11 chicks and a batch of eggs due to hatch this weekend. The best hatch I've had is from a seller on ebay ( unfinished furniture guy). I also found that keeping the eggs large end up in an egg tray and gently hand turning them worked best for me. I don't candle/handle them during incubation. Once they r ready 4 lockdown i candle them then. I use a hovabator1588 and brinsea. With the shipped eggs i haven't even gotton 50% hatch. I've also hatched shipped cemani and brahma eggs...and have gotton on average a 50% hatch or better.

That's awesome! I think if I had a brinsea or hovabator I would do better with shipped eggs, but it is probably better that I stay away. It is not like I have a bird shortage. ;)

I checked my broody last night and one chick had hatched. I remember she went broody on one egg and then I gave her the rest a day later. So I gave her the two teeny tiny mottled chicks and took her eggs to hatch in the bator. I hear them peeping!

Back
Top Bottom