Serama NR360 Settings

nickkaylee

Chirping
Jul 27, 2021
So I just set up my new Harris Farms Nurture Right 360, and I had 11 Serama eggs to incubate. What should I have my settings on? As of right now, I have it set at 99.5 degrees, and the humidity is at 54%. It stops turning 3 days before hatching, and it is auto-set for 21 days. Should I leave it at 21 so it stops turning at day 18, or set it for 18, and it will stop turning at day 15? My last (first) attempt at hatching did not go well, so I returned the incubator I had and bought this one due to many recommendations. I just want to make sure I do this right!

So I just set up my new Harris Farms Nurture Right 360, and I had 11 Serama eggs to incubate. What should I have my settings on? As of right now, I have it set at 99.5 degrees, and the humidity is at 54%. It stops turning 3 days before hatching, and it is auto-set for 21 days. Should I leave it at 21 so it stops turning at day 18, or set it for 18, and it will stop turning at day 15? My last (first) attempt at hatching did not go well, so I returned the incubator I had and bought this one due to many recommendations. I just want to make sure I do this right!
Typically with bantams I lock down on 16 because they are smaller, so I think for seramas day 15 would work well. I’ve heard seramas are a lot harder to hatch than regular sized chickens, so good luck👍🏻

Keep posting! I’m having little success with our Serama/D’uccle crosses and have read so many different temps and humidities and lockdown days! Good luck! 🍀

Many people are confused about humidity settings, but it's really very simple.... There is no such thing as a perfect humidity setting, thats because every egg has different requirements.

As each egg has different humidity requirements each egg needs a different humidity. Luckily for us, ( and unlike temperature requirements ) weight loss is not critical. An egg must lose roughly 11% and not more than 17% in order to hatch without problems.15% is ideal....... The way to find out what humidity settings are needed it is necessary to weigh the eggs. This applies to all eggs no matter the species. It's very easy to do .

Attachments

• IMG_2490.JPG
    IMG_2490.JPG
    498.8 KB · Views: 18
This is not accurate. If temp could affect how many females vs males hatch then hatcheries would have implemented that decades ago.

Temp affects gender in reptiles not birds.
I know for a fact that sex is determined by temperature in birds...
For many years I was a professional falcon breeder, the difference in price between a female and a male hunting falcon is more than double, the females being the most sought after. When I eventually understood what was going on I started all my eggs off under "cool chickens " , that gave me a 95% female hatch rate in both falcon and chicken eggs. I did not have exactly the same result without natural incubation for the first five days.

iBgPQ45.jpg

Back
Top Bottom