Serama Rooster and a standard sized hen

I am contemplating using a Serama rooster as my main rooster (less loud) for my flock or one Serama and another standard rooster if they grow up together and have enough hens between the two.

I know bantam rooster can mate with standard chicken but I dont know if a serama will.

If so, what will their offspring look like? Anyone try this or have photos?
Ok. So I only have laying hens of full size. I however have 1 roo that happens to be a Frizzle Serama that I acquired from a rehab farm because of an attack at his former home. He lives among my hens and tries his very best to mate, but poor little thing just looks like he's riding a horse. There is too much size difference for it ever to be successful. It doesn't stop him from acting like he's the cock of the walk though. Lol

Dont underestimate the little guy! I have never been that interested in learning the fine details of how fertilization works, but it looks like this guy absolutely hit the target.

Side note - how funny is it that he did this right next to the huge rooster, who proceeded to do absolutely nothing about it while the little one dismounts like an olympic gymnast?

Dont underestimate the little guy! I have never been that interested in learning the fine details of how fertilization works, but it looks like this guy absolutely hit the target.

Side note - how funny is it that he did this right next to the huge rooster, who proceeded to do absolutely nothing about it while the little one dismounts like an olympic gymnast?
Did he actually, it's hard to tell for sure.
As for the other rooster, he got cock blocked. LOL

I am contemplating using a Serama rooster as my main rooster (less loud) for my flock or one Serama and another standard rooster if they grow up together and have enough hens between the two.

I know bantam rooster can mate with standard chicken but I dont know if a serama will.

If so, what will their offspring look like? Anyone try this or have photos?
I have a serama roo with my reg big girls. Bless his heart, he tries... but reach is a major problem haha

Back
Top Bottom