Serious Mite Infestation - Silkie Rooster

raud

Hatching
Mar 29, 2022
My little silkies rooster has a serious mite infestation. I've tried to use Pure Planet Mite spray and giving him garlic by mouth, but nothing works! I've checked the Internet and people say diatomaceous earth works, others say it doesn't.

Meanwhile, I've given him a bath and nothing happened. Now one of his eyes is crusted shut, but not oozing. The mites are crawling all over his face. I've dealt with mites, but never so overwhelming. Please help!

Ivermectin. Please put Ivermectin on the poor guy. "Naturals" only keep things at bay, a little. For serious infestations, you need real meds.

3 to 5mg for a small 3 to 5lb bird. Your little guy might need about 4ml. Place on back between wings. Dispense from a medicine dropper (usually 3ml size). Ivermectin below is 5mg per ml, so about a ml for your little guy.

He also seems to have some immune issues. Mites build up if they can't dust bathe well or have a low immune system. Eye crusting shouldn't be from mites. Does he have a viral infection too?

LofMc

https://www.amazon.com/IVERMECTIN-P...efix=cattle+pour+on+ivermectin,aps,162&sr=8-4

Back
Top Bottom