Set eggs 3/5. Looking for others to hatch with!

Um, maybe I have mine too high. It's about 50% with three air vents open. And I know I'm bad, but I ended up putting all my silkie eggs in the bator today, so a little bit of a stagger. I couldn't seem to help myself. I had my little chicks and momma out to scratch in the yard since the weather was so nice and the one partridge baby is so beautiful so I went inside and marked the eggs and put them in the incubator, closed it up and left for the day. Right or wrong, the deed is done now! And if I get a few more that look like the first two, I won't be sad. My black babies that I have so far look fantastic also. So don't ask how many I sat.....I didn't even count them yet. I don't know what I will do if I can't sell them this spring though......too little to eat for dinner.

I set a dozen bantam cochin eggs on Sunday the 4th. These were all from my girls.

I ordered 2 dozen MFC, buff cochins, and mottled cochins that will be shipped on Friday.
I also ordered 6 Buff Barred that were shipped today.

I am using a little giant incubator with turner. I have hatched using these before with pretty good luck. I have also made a styrofoam bator that I had great luck with.

wishing all of you a successful hatch!

I set a dozen bantam cochin eggs on Sunday the 4th. These were all from my girls.

I ordered 2 dozen MFC, buff cochins, and mottled cochins that will be shipped on Friday.
I also ordered 6 Buff Barred that were shipped today.

I am using a little giant incubator with turner. I have hatched using these before with pretty good luck. I have also made a styrofoam bator that I had great luck with.

wishing all of you a successful hatch!

Congragulations and good luck. I am green with envy as I have been watching the cochin threads and have seen you bidding on eggs!!!! I hope you have an awesome hatch. Who did you buy eggs from?

Hi! I'd like to follow along with you guys! I set 10 Black Copper Maran eggs, and 10 LF frizzle cochins late in the afternoon on 3/4/12. They were all shipped eggs so I've got my fingers crossed.

Last weekend, I hatched a bunch of LF EE"s and mixed banty cochin/silkies, and I was lucky enough to have one of my Buff Orpington hens go broody, so she is doing all the work of raising
them.

I hope one of my other hens goes broody so she will take on these new hatches.

Good luck to everyone!
smile.png

Pat

I set 26 eggs at about noon 3/5. 13 or so from my Ameraucanas and 13 from my EE.
jumpy.gif

I'm using a Brinsea ECO 20 with humidity at 30%. This is my first hatch, but a friend has hatched some of my eggs before, she used a Little Giant and only about 50% of the eggs hatched, there were some temp. spikes and I dont think she was monitoring the humidity at all. I hope to get a higher hatch rate, so far so good!

idunno.gif
I thought ideally the humidity should be around 30% up until lockdown and then it should be raised to 70%?

Hi! I have a Brinsea eco 20 with the turner, and it is a great little machine.It is really good at keeping the temp. consistent. I have used it 3-4 times, and always had really good hatches--usually 85% or higher hatch rate!. I've kept the humidity at/near 30% for the first 18 days, then upped it to 65-70% for the last 3 days or so. I think you will do fine with the Brinsea.

hello i set on 2/20 and 3/1 first i set 3 doz back yard run from my friend and 5 geese eggs and then i set 2 doz back yard run so far i have candled and removed about 12 so far all look good so far i cant wait till the hatch this will be about my 12th batch i have set in the bator

I set yesterday (3/6) and would love to follow along with everyone!!

I set 19 eggs from my own little flock....I am the leader of my daughter's daisy troop and we are doing it together as a project! Super excited but a nervous wreck! This is my first time....

This should be an exciting thread with so many of us hatching at the same time! Reading through the posts, I think I will lower my humidity a little bit so as not to drown them. I can't believe it's only been two days since I put them in the incubator. I don't know how the hen sits there for so long, this is killing me already!

Hi everyone!! I would love to join your hatch!! I set 24 welsummer eggs today... this is my second hatch. I'm also doing the easter egg hatch along, so I will be setting americauna's (spelling) on Saturday March 17th. I have 11 in the brooder right now and I STILL have to build a grow out pen and another coop... DH is just going to love me!! LOL!!! WWC, I was with you on your first hatch. I hope and pray
fl.gif
this hatch goes better for you!!

Back
Top Bottom