Set eggs February 12th! Hatch a long with me!

I set 18 barnyard mix eggs on February 12th at 1:35 in the afternoon. This is my first hatch and I am using my homemade incubator. They should be hatching on March 4th. Anybody want to hatch a long with me? Here are my eggs:

Nice eggs
big_smile.png
I love spring
wee.gif

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Whatever it takes, man!
lol.png

I just set 24 mixed browns from my own in on Tuesday night....can I join?
Here are my stats... 24 brown eggs of mixed stock in an LG still air while heating with wood in upstate NY
ep.gif
We'll see!

Course you can join! The more the merrier!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Ok...great!
First turn about to take place...we are moving from side A....to B!
lol.png
Wow....gonna be a lonnnnnnnng 3 weeks!
th.gif

It gets better once you get into a routine. I am on day 3 and I am finally starting to get into a routine and turning the eggs doesn't seem so crazy anymore. The only problem I am having is I keep forgetting to turn the fan back on after I turn my eggs! I always turn it off for my own saftey but get side tracked and forget to put the fan back on once I am done turning the eggs. I made a sign and hung it on my fridge with big letters saying, "Don't forget to turn the FAN ON!".
th.gif

Quote:

It gets better once you get into a routine. I am on day 3 and I am finally starting to get into a routine and turning the eggs doesn't seem so crazy anymore. The only problem I am having is I keep forgetting to turn the fan back on after I turn my eggs! I always turn it off for my own saftey but get side tracked and forget to put the fan back on once I am done turning the eggs. I made a sign and hung it on my fridge with big letters saying, "Don't forget to turn the FAN ON!".
th.gif

LOL...scary isn't it what we can forget...and how often! I have hatched before and had good and bad outcomes. I know with my next batch of ducklings I will have to bump my humidity WAY up.I hope this batch of chickens comes out well.

@jt813
Welcome! I LOVE both those breeds :) I like your avatar as well

They are all standard. My little chicks are already getting big except my little runt. (s)he is about 1/3 smaller, but makes up for it in attitude! I'd like if runty stayed tiny, so cute!

Standard or Bantam? I sooooo want some standard size Cochins...I only have the little guys

Last edited:
Ok, new to this I just joined a "set tonight" and then realized that the group started 1/18. So, I started my first hatch on 2/13. It was gonna be just a dozen....... but when I went to get my dozen ameracaunas, I ended up with 3 blue laced red wyandotte eggs and 2 silver hamburgs. Then I went to get a dozen sizzle eggs and ended up with 23 eggs. She just kept adding eggs to the carton: mostly sizzles of all varieties, some polish and maybe a few cochins. Because apparently I can't do anything small, I had ordered 8 swedish flower hen checks and a dozen cream legbar eggs from two different breeders. Then I read over and over and over again not to hatch expensive eggs for your first time, so I convince and experienced hatcher to take my CL and SFHC eggs in her incubator.

Phew. don't know what to expect but glad to join the club!

Back
Top Bottom