Set eggs February 12th! Hatch a long with me!

I'm with you about the weather down in Virginia--WAY TOO HOT and HUMID for me. There ae some beautiful places in Virginia, but I just can't stand the weather! I lived there for 12 years befoe heading back up north...

I think if you are raised there, you are used to it....but if you come from New England, like I did....it's just too hot with the humidity. If it were drier it wouldn't be bad.
Good place to visit for me, but not to live!

Eggs are lookin' good so far....lockdown for me isn't until Sunday. Seems to be taking FOREVER!

Last edited:
Day 19 and I see a egg moving already. I have three different thermometers in the incubator, and three different temp readings.
barnie.gif

What you need is one good incubator thermometer, not a household thermometer, especially if you plan to hatch on a semi-regular basis. Then, you avoid all that stressing over differing temps on different thermometers.

Spot-Check (also sometimes labeled as Egg-Temp) is super reliable, extremely accurate and made specifically for incubating. That and a calibrated hygrometer are all you need.

What you need is one good incubator thermometer, not a household thermometer, especially if you plan to hatch on a semi-regular basis. Then, you avoid all that stressing over differing temps on different thermometers.

Spot-Check (also sometimes labeled as Egg-Temp) is super reliable, extremely accurate and made specifically for incubating. That and a calibrated hygrometer are all you need.

Thanks I'll have to look into the Spot-check. I have been using an acu-rite and the regular thermometer that came with the incubator. They have been running very close to the same reading, and then yesterday after lock down the acu-rite dropped way down. That was after I added some warm wet sponges, so I thought that was why it dropped. I wasn't sure which one was reading right so I put in the one I use for meat on the grill. I just stuck the probe into the incubator, and that one is running close to the mercury one that came with the incubator.

I just locked 'em down! All 10 eggs are going completely nuts in there, they are all rocking like crazy!

Back
Top Bottom