Set eggs February 12th! Hatch a long with me!

barnie.gif
when is it going to make some progress! It hasn't done a thing but rock around and chirp. No other pips that I can see, but there could be more. Why can't I get the chicks that pip,zip and hatch in like a few hours.
idunno.gif

barnie.gif
when is it going to make some progress! It hasn't done a thing but rock around and chirp. No other pips that I can see, but there could be more. Why can't I get the chicks that pip,zip and hatch in like a few hours.
idunno.gif

hu.gif
I don't usually get that kind either! But just breathe.....relax.....exhale....and repeat!

I get really obsessed when they start hatching and I HATE when they hatch when I am at work....I will be on the phone every 30 minutes asking the kids to tell me what's going on and what the temp/humidity is...LOL...making everyone stay up all night watching
big_smile.png

As for mine...I think because of the slightly higher temps I will get some early hatchers.I have seen a couple eggs rockin' and rollin' yesterday.
wee.gif

I actually had set them on Tuesday night the 14th....so I am going to lockdown tomorrow evening.Getting nervous...candled quite a few tonight from 2 bators and all due on the 6th are looking good.
The bantam mixes in bator 2 were growing...they are about 10 days in....

Man I love hatching!!!
jumpy.gif

UGH! Still nothing!! I REALLY want to grab that pipped egg (along with any others that have pips I can't see) and rip away a tiny bit of shell, open the membrane a bit so they can breathe, wrap em in a paper towel and wait for the veins to dry. It was VERY comforting last time that I did that as I knew who was alive and that they could breathe!!
Why isn't the pipped egg doing anything???
smiley-confused009.gif

about 5 hours. Well, obviously as soon as I am not watching, it gives it another good peck and has a big crack! So, that's good news.
I also (same time that the other one made progress) noticed another pip, a big one with a large triangle of shell pecked off.

Well, they say a watched pot never boils, well I tell ya a watched egg never pips! Lol
lol.png
. Not true, but seriously what are the chances it happens to both literally just minutes after I peeled my eyes away from the bator! They are trying to make me insane!!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote: You start with mille fleur and porcelains. Porcelain x Mille Fleur = Mille Fleurs (visually) that will have a hidden Lavender Gene so that when they are bred later on, you will get porcelains.

I wanted porcelain originally. The breeder did not have enough porcelain eggs to fill the order so I asked him to fill in with mille fleurs because I knew that they were compatible to breed with porcelains and eventually, I could get more porcelains from them. Hope that is more clear.

This morning, I have two mille fleur D'anvers hatched, the two D'anver x Cochins and one BR x EE and one D'Anver is pipped.

These are the slowest bantams to hatch on the planet, I swear! Today is Day 21. Still have more BR x EEs, 1 pure BR, 4 Delawares, 2 Delaweggers and the rest of the D'Anvers left to pip. If any of those are pipped other than the one, I can't see it. Pics to follow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom