Set eggs February 12th! Hatch a long with me!

Thanks, Ema. I never want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I also want to be definitive in my answers and never give misleading information if I can help it.

My one pure BR hatched! Pipped and hatched within about 20 minutes! Amazingly fast, this one. And HUGE. The last D'Anver I'll be getting from this batch is drying off in there--it was rubbing up against the BR egg, cheering it on, trying to crawl under it the whole time, LOL.

The two Delaweggers are not looking hopeful. I think I may have to candle them and be done with it. Day 22 is getting well along and those usually hatch much earlier than this. They were on the dreaded outside edge of that turner.

I already have the second batch in the other Hova coming up to temp, 24 eggs total, not one on the sides of the turner, either. There are 11 bantams and 13 standards, mostly the Orps, though, again, fertility could be good or could be completely non-existent in that pen.

I wish I had more room in my cooler bator lol....maybe If I make a larger egg turner I might be able to fit more than just 18 and be able to get more than 3 or 4 to hatch out of those 18...my poor roo...lol....he is so docile and so cute...hobbles everywhere, due to previous injuries, but what ever babies he can provide us with we certainly are happy with :)

Ema

speckledhen, your babies are adorable!!!!!!!!!

Hard to tell for sure in that lighting. Could be a very light blue but I'm guessing splash. If you could get a picture in less red lighting, it would help clinch the diagnosis.

PICS! Isn't this BR x EE a hoot?

D'Anvers, ended up with 8, but may have to cull the one with the hyerextended hock joint if it doesn't fix itself by tomorrow some time.

barnie.gif
For ZIPPING my little Silkie isn't zipping very fast. Not quite all the way around at this point. And it's dead center. Perhaps why it's taking so long. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I have 2 pips!! It's day 19 ....I knew my temps had spiked a couple of times so hopefully we will not have any problems. As soon as I have any I will post pics!
jumpy.gif

Day 21 for me. No pips, No peeps, No Tapping, No Movement or signs of life. Should I candle them to see if they are on track? Do they need help getting out, could they be shrink wrapped? The humidity was pretty low throughout incubation (at night it would occasionally go to 0% but normally during the day it would be 20-30%. My humidity during lock down is about 40%. I did have some tempature lows, however. At this point I am just wondering if there is anything I should be doing right now for them? Should I continue to wait? When I candled on day 7 they all developing as they were suppose to (except for 2 or 3).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom