Set eggs February 12th! Hatch a long with me!

I have 17 out of 24 chicks! Three more are pipping! Question: I have chicks in the bator that hatched yesterday and some still trying to hatch..are the ones hatched yesterday going to be ok until tomorrow morning? They're getting big and fluffy and don't want anything to happen to them. I figure tomorrow morning would be the deadline to get the chicks into the brooder. Thanks much for any advice!

I have 17 out of 24 chicks! Three more are pipping! Question: I have chicks in the bator that hatched yesterday and some still trying to hatch..are the ones hatched yesterday going to be ok until tomorrow morning? They're getting big and fluffy and don't want anything to happen to them. I figure tomorrow morning would be the deadline to get the chicks into the brooder. Thanks much for any advice!

They will be fine in there. They can live off the yolk for 3 days. I think tomorrow would be ok to put them in the brooder if you think the hatch is complete. Pics?

I agree that NYRIR was not to harsh... That was not my intent . She was helpful and kind. Sorry I brought this all up. Just felt so bad for Squackbox . I have read many of NYRIR's posts and never been anything but helpful a nd understanding..

Thank you! I try to give everyone understanding!

Day 21 for me. No pips, No peeps, No Tapping, No Movement or signs of life. Should I candle them to see if they are on track? Do they need help getting out, could they be shrink wrapped? The humidity was pretty low throughout incubation (at night it would occasionally go to 0% but normally during the day it would be 20-30%. My humidity during lock down is about 40%. I did have some tempature lows, however. At this point I am just wondering if there is anything I should be doing right now for them? Should I continue to wait? When I candled on day 7 they all developing as they were suppose to (except for 2 or 3).

Wow, that is low....hmmm... I would wait and try to up the humidity.Why has it run so low? How low and when did the temps fluctuate?

Here is my mixed flock of chicks.
4 yellow, Euskal Oiloas (one with feather on it's legs)

4 brown, Welsumers (I think they are all pullets!)

2 blue, Orpingtons (one with curled toes, both feet are taped now)
1 black, Orpington
1 splash, Orpington

1 black, blue egger (feathers on legs)
1 blue, olive egger
1 black, olive egger
1 splash, olive egger (feathers on legs)

Wow, that is low....hmmm... I would wait and try to up the humidity.Why has it run so low? How low and when did the temps fluctuate?

The humidity was only that low for days 1-18, and occasionally (not everyday) and not all day either only a couple hours at night time. I would put water in when I went to bed and when I woke up each morning which is/was the best I could do and occasionally the humidity was running a little low (0%) but most of the time was 20-30%. The humidity is fine now and hasn't gotten below 40%. The temps only got to about 90 which was my lowest and that only happened a couple times in the beginning.

celebrate.gif
My first chick has finally!! hatched. At one point there was still shell to zip, next second it was done. Poor little thing is exhausted. Wasn't late as there are wet blood veins in the shell. She's (?) still attached by a thread to the shell right now. So that gives me hope for the other 10 eggs. If this one is ON Time or even Early (according to the veins in the shell) then I'm not going to worry YET about the others.

Here is my mixed flock of chicks.
4 yellow, Euskal Oiloas (one with feather on it's legs)

4 brown, Welsumers (I think they are all pullets!)

2 blue, Orpingtons (one with curled toes, both feet are taped now)
1 black, Orpington
1 splash, Orpington

1 black, blue egger (feathers on legs)
1 blue, olive egger
1 black, olive egger
1 splash, olive egger (feathers on legs)

So many good looking Chicks! Congrats.

ok I am up to 4 chicks now, one pipped and zipped and out of the shell in minutes, I never even heard anything coming out of that egg at all and voila one tiny chick. the other I am a little worried about, I noticed it pipped this morning sometime and I kept watching it and finally took it out and into a hot steaming bathroom because I noticed it was getting shrink wrapped. I hat to help it out of the shell, had no choice. She was really stuck in there. She is right back in the incubator now that she is out of the shell, but she has some left over yolk that was not absorbed and something greenish in the bottom end. I will leave her in there and hope she makes it. the other one that came out real quick was an experimental egg, from my younger girls, who are laying tiny eggs, I never even dreamed it would hatch, but it did. she looks strong and healthy. now I got two more to go and we will see if those hatch.

yes I did open the bator but I spritz it down with warm water and closed it down right away, humidity is good still cause when the one came out the humidity jumped up real high.

Wish me luck,

Ema

The humidity was only that low for days 1-18, and occasionally (not everyday) and not all day either only a couple hours at night time. I would put water in when I went to bed and when I woke up each morning which is/was the best I could do and occasionally the humidity was running a little low (0%) but most of the time was 20-30%. The humidity is fine now and hasn't gotten below 40%. The temps only got to about 90 which was my lowest and that only happened a couple times in the beginning.

I would wait then....but let me ask, why do you keep the humidity so low? Just wondering because I keep mine at 50-55% for 1-18...then for lockdown I bump it to 65-70%. What is your temp normally? I keep mine (or try to
hmm.png
) at 100-102 in a Still Air LG...

Back
Top Bottom