Set eggs today3/11 Due 4/1 for Easter! 1st ever hatch! Please join me!

bun.gif
How are everyone's eggs doing??
Hatching is only about a week away.
jumpy.gif

So far~ I have one in lockdown & I have 7 out of 8 Maran eggs dancin' away! I'm so thrilled that I can see veining & dancing embryos with my LED light.

I've also got cochin eggs waiting for me at the post office.

It's a 115 lumens LED light that I bought at Wal-mart. It was on the expensive side, but I can see movement & veining- granted, not like I could see in lighter eggs, but hey- it works!

No one warned me that hatching would be THIS stressful! It's a good thing I don't bite my nails!

No movement but................I HEARD A PEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stressing out because I've been afraid that I drowned him- humidity has bee 60%-68% by my hygrometer- but I've had condensation on the glass for the past couple of days.
I've now let the tray run dry... I am SO afraid of drowning him. This is TOO stressful!
sad.png

You heard a peep already! Wow!

So far, I have movement in 5 of 9 frizzle sizzle silkies, 2/2 Ameraucanas, 2/3 Mille Fleur d'uccles and 0/3
sad.png
Porcelain d'uccles.
Several of the non-starters are clear. And I know I should probably get them out of the bator, but since it's my first hatch,
I keep hoping I'm wrong!

1 week from today hopefully we'll all be seeing new babies!

Jenn,

What's going on with the lone pip?
jumpy.gif

Tomorrow is day 18 for me, lock down. I'm going to try hatching in cupcake papers. I have lavender Easter ones. I'm trying to set the karma for the lavender & porcelain silkies to come popping out.
bun.gif
Also going to put down a green rubbery shelf liner on the slick plastic grates.

I went to a mud barn sale today at the firehouse (thank you April) in Lancaster County looking for a coop. It did not really fit well in the truck. They loaded it for us with a forklift (thank you Eli) but now, to get it out.
barnie.gif
My very nice neighbor & grass cutter ( thank you, Jim) may come to help tomorrow with his forklift or bobcat.

48259_coop1.jpg

48259_cooptruck.jpg

48259_coope.jpg

I'm going to put a loft in it.
wee.gif
Thank you Cheryl/Sonrise!
And, thank you David, for the coop.

Brenda
the BYC academy awards

Oh- sorry- I woke up to this yesterday morning:

34160_27023_1392603341936_1437743697_31072626_2231091_n.jpg

**UPDATE**
More pics:
34160_img_0840.jpg

34160_img_0839.jpg

I really didn't want to go to work yesterday & it was a good thing we had a half day because my son was able to go home & check on her.
Because she was the only one out of her batch, she's really spoiled. She climbs up into my hair & sleeps. I still have her set up in the home-made 'bator as a hatcher till tomorrow when I transfer the maran eggs into there for lockdown.

I'm trying to guess her parentage because I thought my Sebright wasn't laying.So she's either a Sebright or GL Wyandotte cross w/a drk brahma or buff brahma roo........ She's black with a white butt & little white under her chin....She's adorable. Anyway, I caught my Sebright laying an egg the other day that looked like the egg she came out of....I guess we'll see.

I have much better pics that I will get loaded tomorrow- hopefully. How's everyone else doing?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom