Settin Eggz Aug. 12th-18th!!

ISAAC storm moved away so we are just waiting heavy rain tonight and tomorrow morning. Seems that is not visiting Florida also. I'm so glad and happy. I was so worried with the incubation, but now I'm prepared for future times. Hope the rain don't damage the electric system .

Tomorrow I'll candle (day 7).
fl.gif
But the temperatures had been steady between 98.5 and 101. Most of the time in 99.4. When they arrived I saw on most of them no air cell damage but still I'm turning them in the eggs cartons in the upright position. I candled a few at day 3 and saw good development so tomorrow at day 7 I hope to see good progress...
So glad it turned away from u....says its headin toward New Orleans....but aint as strong as Katrina...think everyone there will b ok!!

Got only 2 outta the damaged air cells (13) eggs with veins on day 7
hit.gif
....got them in the turner with the rest of my barnyard mix!

Hope WE ALL hatch a GREAT HATCH!!!
fl.gif

Hello to all again!! been a while. it helps me with the patience issue to stay away from the computer. I candled today a whole day late, lol(set on the 15th)!!! I only candled 24 (?) of 42. all of the ones i candled so far were shipped eggs. of the 24 i candled 5 were obviously bad, no development showing when candled. I cracked 'em to make sure and nothing there. I'll wait a few hours to candle the rest. I also have to get the weights on all the good ones, maybe tomorrow.

the ones that were bad looked like they never started, of the other 19 eggs that i did candle 1 or 2 may have been bad but it wasn't so obvious so i kept them in there...we'll see how the other 18 do (6 backyard mix and 12 shipped).
Hope they rest makes it!!....Only 1 more week to go...b4 we hear the lil peeps!!
jumpy.gif

its only day 4 for me but i could'nt resist candeling them :)
next to the 15 Serama i had put 3 of my silkied Serama eggs in the brooder and of the Silkied, 2 are fertile
from the ones i got from Great Britan i can only tell on one for sure that it is actually developing
so now i wait until day 7 and candle again, but even if it stays only with this one beeing fertile and it hatches, i am happy :)

btw i found something much better then Flashlights for candeling, wich is a free app for the smartphone called LED Flashlight
i think it is much brighter then these flashlights and because the light is so small there is no need to cover around the egg to see better :)
I have that app too....but since I have Large brown eggs...I need the flashlight...lol
I candled our 4 eggs tonight - temptation got the best of me, and I'm glad.
Two are wiggling around alot. One egg was clear and I took it away from the broody.
The last egg I had to stare at for a VERY long while to detect the slightest movement.
It looks like it has a tiny air pocket on the top wide part of the egg and a huge air pocket at the small pointy end.
Not sure about it, almost called it a quitter until I saw the faintest shadow moving.
I candle all my eggs....seen quite a few wiggling around in my barnyard mix!!!!....just LUV IT!!!
celebrate.gif

Well....Update!!

Candle day 14 of my BYM & Landlords....
had 2 that stopped around day 7 (cracked them open)...so got 17 left of my batch!
Landlords had a few with blood rings r stopped around day 7 also!
Aint Too Bad!!!....25 lil ones goin Good!!!

Candle the phoenix eggs on day 7...& only had 2 with veins!...the others didnt even developed!!
hit.gif

So Im PRAYIN HARD for my daughters Phoenix Eggs!!
She wants to show them soo bad!
It tore me up, lettin her know that the others didnt make it & most likely these last 2 wont either!!!
idunno.gif

Told her we can get sum more....but she doesnt want to rite now!
Just hope she changes her mind & dont give up!
Or get turned off bout showing!!!
fl.gif

in lockdown since last night. good luck to all on your hatch... my wife did bump the thermostat and it must've been a tad high for most of one day last week. I candled before lockdown and they looked ok, movement, no bad smells, so I still have my fingers crossed

Brookiesbrooder, so sorry about your power outage. that has been my fear as well. good luck, fingers crossed for you!!

Sorry for joining the party so late. I set 13 French black copper marans on Aug. 16th. I'm horrible with candling so we'll just wait and see what we get. Went into lockdown today, they should be hatching Wed. or Thursday. I normally wait 1 more day too see if some more hatch, then they all get tossed.

Eggs were received from shipping and set on August 15th @ 12:30am =
One hatched successfully today! :) at a quick glance looked like a boy :p
I was surprised at the early hatch!
One didn't hatch successfully :( looked smashed/squished.
One egg left to hatch - the biggest darker brown egg -crossing fingers-

Eggs set on the 15th - getting ready for lockdown
love.gif
wish us luck!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
jumpy.gif

OMG.....I am in lockdown on serama eggs...and the power went out for over 2 hrs....I have the reptipro which come with a 12 volt line......so after my bator dropped to 90 degrees waitin for the power I plugged it into my car.......wish me luck
Hope everything is ok!!!!
fl.gif

Sorry for joining the party so late. I set 13 French black copper marans on Aug. 16th. I'm horrible with candling so we'll just wait and see what we get. Went into lockdown today, they should be hatching Wed. or Thursday. I normally wait 1 more day too see if some more hatch, then they all get tossed.
welcome-byc.gif
Welcome!!....marans eggs r hard to see thru anyways!!....wish u BEST OF LUCK!!!!
Eggs were received from shipping and set on August 15th @ 12:30am =
One hatched successfully today! :) at a quick glance looked like a boy :p
I was surprised at the early hatch!
One didn't hatch successfully :( looked smashed/squished.
One egg left to hatch - the biggest darker brown egg -crossing fingers-
sorry bout the loss....but WOOHOO for the hatchling!!
GOOD LUCK!!

Well....Im out of this hatchin now!!
Put all my eggs in the Brooder/Hatcher friday nite....everything was great!

Til Saturday Nite.....temp went to 129 degrees....fried ALL of them!!
hit.gif

Thermostat went out.....time to start over!!!

Amanda is sendin more Phoenix eggs for my daughter.....hope these make it this time!!!
fl.gif

GOOD LUCK TO Y'ALL.....I'll b checkin in for the PIX!!!
big_smile.png

Well....Im out of this hatchin now!!
Put all my eggs in the Brooder/Hatcher friday nite....everything was great!

Til Saturday Nite.....temp went to 129 degrees....fried ALL of them!!
hit.gif

Thermostat went out.....time to start over!!!

Amanda is sendin more Phoenix eggs for my daughter.....hope these make it this time!!!
fl.gif

GOOD LUCK TO Y'ALL.....I'll b checkin in for the PIX!!!
big_smile.png

I'm so sorry. So sad it happened. Hope you good luck with next time and if something of mine hatches I'll be posting. I'll be joining you in the next incubation because DMRipppy is sending me some ameraucana eggs..Hope that at least 2 of my expensive wheaten make it and hatch ok. I'll be so great if I get a girl and a boy... I can still dream right?

Back
Top Bottom