Setting 41 on 6-15, 7-8, 7-31, and 8-23 feel free to join in at any time

Great to hear about the garlic & the chicks. Looks like it will be smooth sailing with newly hatched chicks from now on! That's awesome. I'm going to be getting some hatching eggs next week. Excited to set again! Good luck with the 2 sets, NT. And the same to everyone awaiting hatches!

Deal. I'll lay off the drama (mostly) ;)

I did my first processing this year, too. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. You should have seen the other thread this weekend. I know how that rooster in a pen full of hens felt. I was almost caponized, too :gig

You enjoyed it. Don't lie!!!!! :lau

You enjoyed it. Don't lie!!!!!
lau.gif
Never said I didn't
wink.png

I'm still looking too Ruby, but probably won't be ready by the time you are.  What are you getting?

You just reminded me to check my email to see if the breeder wrote back. More silkies. She specializes in splash and partridge. I'm trying to stick with one breed right now, since I have limited space and would like to sell pure bred chicks and eggs next spring. But I want to bring in new blood. This breeder is in Albany, NY. All my other birds are from Georgia. Plus, I'm putting a deposit down on call duck hatching eggs for the spring! I'm so excited about hatching ducks in the spring!!! It will get me through the depressing winter. What about you??

The comets are for eggs only until I get them with my roos, which are at my camp/farm. A nice EE and a dark Brahma. Probably still wont incubate any, but maybe. My LOs, I do plan to hatch a round or two of them and see how that goes. I also have some 6 week olds (bantam cochin and polish) that will stay at my house as pets.

Set some. You get a nice variety of EE out of that cross. I've posted pics of mine, with both the light brahma and Ee Roos.

Some pics from the brooder.

My cool brown project bird at 12 days old.

Broiler Guinea Fowl, 13 days old, could not get him to turn to the camera.

A 13 day old broiler Narragansett-type Turkey

The brooder, with 34 birds of various ages from 12 days to 3 weeks old. 4 week olds will go into the young chickens run.

Back
Top Bottom