Setting 41 on 6-15, 7-8, 7-31, and 8-23 feel free to join in at any time

I've spent quite a lot of time in Ontario, been a regular visitor to Goderich and Niagara Falls for 30+ years, but never did I know that Hell's Half Acre was actually the name of a place. If I'd have seen it on a map I'd have been compelled to go there...yet a half acre is half the size of my yard.
smile.png

I love this line. It is so typical of my perception of a Canadian citizen born and raised in Ontario: "the limits were so aflame with drunkenness and hot uncleanness". Scottish and English heritage come through in full color!

Well, I don't think the name is on any modern map, the site was abandoned in the 1800's. Google Earth marks it as "Corson", and marks it in the middle of the bush that surrounds my farm where I know there is absolutely nothing but bush. There is an old road into the bush west of my property, but it seems to go nowhere and ends abruptly at a cliff.

I'm setting 24 Easter eggers tomorrow morning. I have 4 on day 22 but still have nothing. This will be my 3rd time and this time around I bought a bator. I feel more confident not using my homemade hunk of junk lol. I'm gonna be doing a dry hatch since without water in my bator the humidity is at 27%. Can't wait to see everyone else's progress!

Well, I don't think the name is on any modern map, the site was abandoned in the 1800's. Google Earth marks it as "Corson", and marks it in the middle of the bush that surrounds my farm where I know there is absolutely nothing but bush. There is an old road into the bush west of my property, but it seems to go nowhere and ends abruptly at a cliff.

By our property up north, there is a site shown on maps as "Kirkland". An overgrown road goes in that direction, but it's scarcely wide enough to take a dirt bike down and has deep peat bogs where the road bed is expected to be. Then a rather deep stream crosses it. I hope to be able to explore the area one day, if it ever dries enough to get there. I know roughly where it was, and hope to find a few hints of the former settlement.

But a road ending abruptly at a cliff is even better. Is that cliff a ravine cut, or at a river or lake?

Hey SC - swing through WV and get me, we'll cross OH into MI to get Walnut, then all head to Hells Half Acre!
smile.png
Just don't forget the Crown. I'd need it to ride that long with you
big_smile.png

I'm halfway through day 3, with 32 eggs in the Brinsea. Holding steady temp of course, humidity staying 34% with no water. I disconnected that loud azz humidity pump. Will hook it back up at lockdown if necessary, but I doubt I will need it.

Hey SC - swing through WV and get me, we'll cross OH into MI to get Walnut, then all head to Hells Half Acre!
smile.png
Just don't forget the Crown. I'd need it to ride that long with you
big_smile.png
I'm already hitting the bottle. You have to drive from there, then Walnut can take over. I say we just have a battle royal. My money's on Walnut.
See you around 3:00

I'm already hitting the bottle. You have to drive from there, then Walnut can take over. I say we just have a battle royal. My money's on Walnut.
See you around 3:00

Well, she does carry a bigger gun than I do....
big_smile.png

I'm in. I'll pick up Gibson's after we cross the border. That's my Canadian Whisky of choice.
thumbsup.gif
Woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom