Setting Eggs 12/27 Anyone else?

just2rosey

Songster
9 Years
Jan 7, 2011
New Kent
I'm setting another small batch of cochin eggs tonight.
love.gif
The last batch was so cute I just have to do it again. I have six eggs that are fresh, and three more that have been in the fridge. I know that the chances for the chilled ones aren't great, but it's worth a shot. My hens are laying faster than I can sell the eggs, so I am hatching the bantams.
big_smile.png
So my eggs should hatch 1/17/12. I welcome any hatching buddies who want company while they hatch.
frow.gif

i guess ill set some tomorrow or the next day. I bid on some longtail crosses for the heck of it (i have some sumatra/maran/ameracauna/who knows whatelse now). Wound up winning then got some houdan eggs to go with (my wife likes the crazy hairdos). anyway, as soon as they get here, the bator is warmed up and ready to go.

Wow! We have quite a variety of peeps going.
celebrate.gif
These should be fun baby pictures in a few weeks.
jumpy.gif
Well, I fell asleep before my eggs from the fridge had warmed to room temp, so I just put them in. I love to candle eggs, I am fascinated by how quickly they develop. I will candle around day 3 or 4 and pull the clears. I will candle an egg or two every couple of days, and do a big candle around day 10 and before lock down to pull any quitters. I know I candle a lot more than most, but it is so much fun!
ya.gif
Good luck to everyone with their hatches!

Wow! Sounds like you are setting a big batch!
ep.gif
Good Luck with your shipped eggs!
fl.gif
My postal system destroys eggs.
duc.gif
I always end up tossing half of them as clears with broken air sacs, I makes me so jealous of people who have great hatches with shipped eggs. If I can get some special eggs I want for our breeding program I will buy some this year, otherwise I will just be hatching my own. What kind of cochins do you have? Ours are Partridge, and they are so pretty and so cute, I am rapidly falling in love with them.
love.gif
Glad you joined us!!
frow.gif
I hope we all have a great hatch.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I just set some Salmon Faverolles yesterday
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
When you order eggs have you tried picking them up at the post dept? I was letting the postal person bring them out and it was not good! Now my sweet hubby goes and gets them from the post office and it is much better
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

frow.gif
hugs.gif
Hey Melissa Rose!! Fancy meeting you here.
gig.gif
Once we cut the incubator on it is impossible to cut if back off isn't it?
tongue.png
I did try picking my eggs up at the post office, and it didn't help. I think the problem is the new regional sorting cent which is just 10 miles down the road. All the mail on this side of VA comes through there. It made no difference where I ordered eggs from, who packaged them, or if I picked them up myself last year, they were always scrambled.
barnie.gif
The only constant in all of that was the sorting center.
idunno.gif
This year I hope to be hatching my own eggs for the most part, but I would like one more blood line from each of our two breeds to round out my breeding pens. I will just wait and see what turns up this year, either the right eggs or the right chooks. Good luck with your latest round of eggs!!

Back
Top Bottom