Setting eggs 6-18 anyone with me

I just got some eggs from a friend to hatch. Waiting to the incubator to regulate so I can set the eggs in.

This is my first time doing this. Already made the mistake of using a wet washcloth to clean off messy eggs. =(
The incubator has an automatic turner so hopefully that will give me a bit of a leg up.

I need to get a humidity gauge yet.. didn't know I needed it until reading up on things.
Could I put the eggs in now and slip the thermometer in tomorrow?

I'm very antsy to get them in the incubator. lol

Wish me luck. =)
I wouldn't start them without a thermometer but it you need the hygrometer I would say go for it. Depending upon where you live and the presence or absence of A/C you might be fine with just humidity from outside air. Here my incubator runs between 35 and 40% with just the normal humidity.

I only have the 2 chicks and 12 eggs in the bator it will have to be a next year project. But I'd be game!!! We can stay in touch! I'll be posting pics now and then of my babies and we will both have to wait and see what colors I get, lol...... I am hoping to order some more eggs or chicks from a different source soon, just got to find extra money, currently putting hay in for the horses.

You are lucky if you have any hay. We are pretty well burned up around here. Unless we get some late rain most of the farmers are going to have to work with only one cutting this year. Not good after a short year last year also.

I just set 12 americauna eggs that I got on ebay. I set last night about 10pm. This is my second set (I dare not use the term hatch, since my first time didn't go so well 0%, I messed with the temp on my bator one day when the temp went way down due to having the windows open, Got way to hot). Got a LG bator with egg turner, picked up a digital thermometer/hygrometer from petsmart yesterday. Temp staying consistently at 99.4-100.1. My humidity is a bit high, but I don't know how to lower it w/o taking all the eggs out. It's at 70%. Good luck to everyone hatching!

I JUST SET 69 EGGS TODAY :)
6 THAI X FIBROMELANISTIC EGGS
20 PHOENIX EGGS (DOUBT MANY OF THEM ARE FERTILE)
THE REST BARN YARD MIXES!

43 set just now. FBCM and Lavender Orpingtons.
fl.gif
Only one of my last shipped batch of FBCMs hatched and thats with a brand new 1588 bator. I would love a good hatch this time!
jumpy.gif

I just set 12 americauna eggs that I got on ebay. I set last night about 10pm. This is my second set (I dare not use the term hatch, since my first time didn't go so well 0%, I messed with the temp on my bator one day when the temp went way down due to having the windows open, Got way to hot). Got a LG bator with egg turner, picked up a digital thermometer/hygrometer from petsmart yesterday. Temp staying consistently at 99.4-100.1. My humidity is a bit high, but I don't know how to lower it w/o taking all the eggs out. It's at 70%. Good luck to everyone hatching!
Can you take the lid off and use a paper towel to remove some of the water from the wells?

I'd take the turner out and set it on the floor or on a flat, safe surface and get that water out. It's really hot and humid here today and going to be tomorrow too. I usually run about 30% dry and add a little water as needed to keep it at about 40%, but right now with no added water I'm running at 52% and I have the window open as it's still hot but not as humid. Hoping it will come down a bit soon!!!! Blah........

Back
Top Bottom