Setting eggs 6-18 anyone with me

I have trouble sleeping so I'm up late tonight. Just went through the thread to catch up on everyone. I thought I would make a list of everyone that has posted in this thread. "Our Group"!
If I have left out anyone, please reply to be added or make corrections. I've typed what I think was in your posts. There's such a wide variety of breeds & colors (as well as initials and spelling!!) This is a rough list. It may contain errors! Please excuse my bad memory! I'm probably old enough to be a grandmother to you all! I can't wait to hear and see how everyone's hatch does. I wish all of you the very best. Every day I look forward to reading this thread. I feel very privileged that you all are willing to share and teach me as our hatch day moves closer. Enough said!

1. caj1985 whom started this thread thank you! 16 pure breed Araucana, EE and EE crosses
2. RyeRanch 7 cream legbars
3. littlechix20 pure Americana, RIR, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Marans
4. MomsGoneMild set eggs on 6/17 bantam Cochins, 4 Calico, 4 Lavender Calico Frizzles, 2 Silverlaced, 3 White and a surprise chick
5. Beckymca 12 Dorking, 8 Light Brahmas (on 6/17) added 7 LB next afternoon from coop
6. litehook set on 6/18 friend brought several kinds of eggs
7. ChicksinPR 12 EE, 4 BLRW, 5 BR, 2 BO, 2 Golden Lakenvelder, 3 Polish, 7 mixed brown, 3 Blue Andalusian, 23 Blue/Black and Blue Wheaten,
Ameracana, 6 F2OE, 3F1OE, 1 g
8. Roxannemc Lavender Orps
9. SeaSkyShore 24 Khaki Campbells
10. bigT88 35 guinea eggs set on 6/18
11. olebiddy 30 variety red stars, game and Copper Marans, 12 duck eggs under hen
12. G9inwonderland ? eggs from friend
13. Kimbroe1981 12 Americauna eggs
14. dvang3 69 total eggs, 6 THAI X FIBROMELANISTIC eggs, 20 Phoenix, rest are barnyard mixes
15. bigred62806 34 barnyard mix
16. puglady 43 FBCM and Lavender Orpingtons
17. shardean 16 shipped Silkies ??
18. Phyrst 12 BB d'Anver, 12 BLK TL Jap, 15 Serama
19. Peeps4me 34 SQ Silkie

I have trouble sleeping so I'm up late tonight. Just went through the thread to catch up on everyone. I thought I would make a list of everyone that has posted in this thread. "Our Group"!
If I have left out anyone, please reply to be added or make corrections. I've typed what I think was in your posts. There's such a wide variety of breeds & colors (as well as initials and spelling!!) This is a rough list. It may contain errors! Please excuse my bad memory! I'm probably old enough to be a grandmother to you all! I can't wait to hear and see how everyone's hatch does. I wish all of you the very best. Every day I look forward to reading this thread. I feel very privileged that you all are willing to share and teach me as our hatch day moves closer. Enough said!

1. caj1985 whom started this thread thank you! 16 pure breed Araucana, EE and EE crosses
4. MomsGoneMild set eggs on 6/17 bantam Cochins, 4 Calico, 4 Lavender Calico Frizzles, 2 Silverlaced, 3 White and a surprise chick
5. Beckymca 12 Dorking, 8 Light Brahmas (on 6/17) added 7 LB next afternoon from coop
7. ChicksinPR 12 EE, 4 BLRW, 5 BR, 2 BO, 2 Golden Lakenvelder, 3 Polish, 7 mixed brown, 3 Blue Andalusian, 23 Blue/Black and Blue Wheaten,
11. olebiddy 30 variety red stars, game and Copper Marans, 12 duck eggs under hen
14. dvang3 69 total eggs, 6 THAI X FIBROMELANISTIC eggs, 20 Phoenix, rest are barnyard mixes
Looks like we are in for some fun soon!!! I also added 12 shipped LB eggs to that bator Thursday pm. So I've set a total of 39 in there, will hatch them in 2 bators, Too many days between them to put in one lock down.

French Black Copper Marans. I have a multi coop set up for various birds that I've put in together and free range together. I also buy hatchery stock pullets, raise them for a few weeks and offer them at chick swaps. They do very well at the swaps. Helps pay for the feed, coop construction costs and I find that hatchery pullets are what people generally want around here. I've just finished being tested by the state agriculture and I'm starting to hatch out some quality eggs and will need to change the the set up a bit if I want to keep them all "pure".

I've got someone on their way right now to purchase the 14 week old LBs I have and that money is going straight into coop material too. I'm a nut and have to keep them pure or I'll go crazy, lol....

Ok, candeled again. Yes, I know, I am a spazz. THEY ARE MOVING, heart pumping, and some wiggle floating!!!!!
wee.gif

One little challenge though. One of them looks like a small prtion of the sack is sticking to the inside of the eggs. I have tried to slowly tilt it and move it around to unstick it, but it's not budging.
Has anyone ver seen this? If so, do you think it will have a problem at hatch time?

xoxo Annmarie

This is why I'm so addicted to BYC!! There's just so many amazing people! That's awesome, Thanks for putting that all together!

Ok, candeled again. Yes, I know, I am a spazz. THEY ARE MOVING, heart pumping, and some wiggle floating!!!!!
wee.gif

One little challenge though. One of them looks like a small prtion of the sack is sticking to the inside of the eggs. I have tried to slowly tilt it and move it around to unstick it, but it's not budging.
Has anyone ver seen this? If so, do you think it will have a problem at hatch time?

xoxo Annmarie

Annmarie, I had no idea you could see heart pumping and any movement in an egg! I set my eggs just the day before you did. Tonight, if I get the time, I'm going to candle them. I'm so excited - especially if I will see something more than a blob!! How is your humidity? I'm keeping mine between 35 - 45%. That has always worked for me. (Now watch, I'm probably jinxing the eggs!) Don't know about sack sticking to the inside of egg. They still have a long way to go. Maybe someone else in our group knows about those things. Hope you get an answer.

Hi! I am new to this forum, have been reading for a few weeks. Just set my 1st batch of eggs, 12 silkie and 12 FBCM on Thursday(21st) night. Temp has been 98-100.4 and humidity is at 52%, very humid here in Maine. Very excited to see what happens!

Back
Top Bottom