Setting eggs 6-18 anyone with me

ameraucanacrazy, Welcome to our BYC thread. I've never seen asil chicks so looking forward to pictures from you when they hatch! Good luck!
I just candled all my eggs that I thought weren't growing and found veining in one more egg.
jumpy.gif
Now I have 6 out of 12 definitely growing!
ya.gif
Was super stoked!
clap.gif

X2

I won't remove any of mine that I feel questionable about until close to lockdown unless I see a real reason to remove it.

Some of the newer incubators are actually set with a cool down time to mimic the hen getting off the nest so a few minutes open won't hurt.
Here's the one i meant to quote.
big_smile.png

Candled the Cream Legbar eggs and it looks like 5 of the 7 eggs are growing. YAY!!! I feel like that is pretty good for eggs that were shipped ALL the way across the country. Fingers crossed for the remainder of the hatch.

Howdy, Another Mainer, yippee!! What part are Maine are your from? I'm in the mid-coast area, Between Belfast and Bangor. And yes it has been humid here.

Sweety13, I'll add you to our group list. You're #20 - lucky 20! Can you bring down your humidity a bit? I think that high humidity at early stage may be too much. Do you have vent plugs you could open? Or even raise the lid to your 'bator abit? That's just my concern. Others may think it's alright.
Kimbroe1981 sounds like your eggs made the trip in the mail ok. Yoohoo! I will be so happy to see that many eggs alive!
Annmarie the picture reference is just what I was looking for. Thanks!

Hey there! I am in midcoast too Bath actually, and my humidity has come down some it was at 50 but tonight it is 56...I am a bit worried, although I took an early peek and saw some veins on some silkie eggs :)

Just talked to "my baby momma"!
highfive.gif

(she's my local hatch buddy who is hatching 6 eggs for me in her fancy schmancy incubator, just incase mine don't make it in my styrofoam LG)

She candeled for the first time last night, and out of my 6 in her bator, 4 are growing, 2 were clear. So, that makes 8 out of 14 hanging in there so far. These were shipped from Arkansas to South Florida. Not bad. We are at the half way mark today. No more candleing for me til right before lockdown. I have scehduled lots of things to keep me busy so I am not tempted and hopefully the time passes quickly.

If anyone is interested, I am following a thread of hatch buddies that are hatching right now. It may give us an idea of what to expect come hatch time. I will post link in next message. or edit this one if i can figure out how.

xoxo Annmarie

well, since i have To Sit On my hands and not candle again till the 29th-30th... thought i would share With you guys my little homemade set up.

that's me with chicken fever...

Last edited:
LOL, too funny, love your little bators. Have you htcahed in them before? I still haven't even candled yet, maybe tonight when I get home from work. I've had 2 days off and played catch up on yard, garden, house and farm work, ugh.... Ready to go back to work, lol.....

Back
Top Bottom