Setting eggs 6-18 anyone with me

Just checking in to see if I am an Aunt yet!
hugs.gif
Nobody has pipped over here.

THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!
barnie.gif

Kidding .... I can handle it...
tongue.gif
....... no really.... I'm not losing it over here.
droolin.gif
fl.gif
pop.gif
clap.gif
th.gif

Hey PR... sorry about that cross beak. Hang in there. Many more healthy chicks are in your near future.
hugs.gif

xoxo Annmarie

The longest 3 days is upon us!!! Lots of coffee, peaking into the bator windows, ups down, worries and cute little chicks to come!!!!

I'm still at zero pips too, actual hatch date is Sunday, I got all excited reading about early lock down ect, that I jumped the gun and locked them down last night, it should of been tonight so it will be the longest 4-5 days for me, lol......

How are you doing with the cross beaked chick, did it hatch out? Hoping for the best for you.

I've got to work Sat so my chicks will likely come then, Murphy's law thing, ya know.

Waiting for chicks and pics!!!

Got home form work at 530 and found egg pippin
we to get grandson by the time I got back it was out
makeing a lot of noise looking for mom.Either I had
days wrong or hes 3 to 4 days early.This is my first
batch of eggs; he or she seams healthy does this happen
often;hatching early? thanks for your input.Monty

I feel like lockdown on Monday will never come! I am a bit worried, one of my Silkies is getting the saddle shaped airsack shape...any words of wisdom? Also I should take the turner out on Monday and do I need to separate the bigger FBCM eggs from the silkies? Thanks!

Just checking in to see if I am an Aunt yet!
hugs.gif
Nobody has pipped over here.

THIS IS REDICULOUS!!!
barnie.gif

Kidding .... I can handle it...
tongue.gif
....... no really.... I'm not losing it over here.
droolin.gif
fl.gif
pop.gif
clap.gif
th.gif

Hey PR... sorry about that cross beak. Hang in there. Many more healthy chicks are in your near future.
hugs.gif

xoxo Annmarie

Annamarie... I know how you feel. I keep looking the bator.
pop.gif

about cross-beak, it had a deformed head And one eye was missing. My husband culled it. It was gurgling bubbles out of it beak after 12 hours. I couldn't stand watching it suffering.
hit.gif

I did some more reading and it could be my temps were too high or that there was a genetic cause. I will let the breeder know that it piped a day early so that it might be my fault with The temps, but maybe she has seen it in other chicks Of hers...

this Is the literature I found On troubleshooting incubation.

http://www.poultry.msstate.edu/extension/pdf/troubleshooting_incubation.pdf

i hope we can wake up To peeps... or pips

hey guys... right before bed I found this little cutie.
jumpy.gif
i should name it popcorn..cause it had to of popped out... I hadn't seen any pips..

i closely looked and there are 3 pipped shells. I read that some ppl have had pips on day 20 and hatch on day 21.

So far, cross beak and this little guy were NOT saddle shaped air-sacs. I am curious to see if those hatch OK at All.

please don't laugh Too hard at my wet paper towel wads. I was running out of room.

hey guys... right before bed I found this little cutie.
jumpy.gif
i should name it popcorn..cause it had to of popped out... I hadn't seen any pips..

i closely looked and there are 3 pipped shells. I read that some ppl have had pips on day 20 and hatch on day 21.

So far, cross beak and this little guy were NOT saddle shaped air-sacs. I am curious to see if those hatch OK at All.

please don't laugh Too hard at my wet paper towel wads. I was running out of room.
I'm so glad you posted a pic of your lockdown setup. I was debating on putting my eggs in crates for lock down. Is there still egg left under that cute little chickie??

I'm so glad you posted a pic of your lockdown setup. I was debating on putting my eggs in crates for lock down. Is there still egg left under that cute little chickie??

no, that is where crossbeak's eggs was. this chick is sitting in an empty spot. This chick is moving around and walking on the eggs, like a cheering section.
celebrate.gif
I have now a total of 5 pips. I am hoping they all zip today.

I thought you were supposed to lie the eggs down for lockdown, but I see yours are upright! I think that would be better, but I am not sure ????Help me decide eggsperts, lol! My lockdown is for Monday...Cute chick!

Back
Top Bottom