Setting eggs 6-18 anyone with me

I have 2 pips
pop.gif
pop.gif
pop.gif
only 1 in the pic!!!

We came home from swimming and there was 1 pip (too much condensation to get a good pic) and 20 mins later another pip!
wee.gif

i have 5 hatched so far.. gonna hope the rest hatch in a day or so, into the brooder tomorrow with this gang, they are sure active and running all over the bator. everytime i look in, they jump up and run around. got one little one who is slow to get going and must be the runt...

Here's my new babies: 24 hrs. old, just moved to brooder. All bantams, Seramas, Blk-Tailed White Jap, 1 Belgian Bearded d'Anver!!

they're 48 hrs. old in this one!

Are you all as tired as I am?!
th.gif
Holy smokes we have been hatching for 3 days over here. 2 on Friday, 2 on Saturday, and 3 this afternoon. Just waiting on one more. No pip yet, but yesterday was day 21, and these last 3 came in near the end, so I am holding out hope this one will pip and zip by morning.

First hatch. What an adventure! One stuck its foot through yolk sack and almost didnt make it at all. I had to intervene with him. That was scary. One pipped, and zipped within 20 minutes while my back was turned dealing with "Special Ed". Two were sticky chicks, that was a mess. All of them but one took atleast 9 hours between pip to zip. Then zipped in like 20 minutes. My smallest egg actually hatched first, is truly loud and proud that she is THE BOSS, and she is actually starting to look bigger than the rest. hmmmm. She picks on "Special Ed". I had to peck her twice because she just went too far. She had "Special Ed pinned on his back pecking the heck out of him. I nailed her right on the top of the head. she is so awnry if she is ... awake! The only time she is tolerable is when she is sleeping. The others are sweetie pies.

They are all the size of my thumb, and running at top speed in the brooder like a pin ball machine. Don't tell anyone but they spent two nights in the bed with me.
hide.gif
Hey, you laugh, but I want them bonded strong to me. Plus it was so fun to cuddle with them. Please take a moment to imagine my husband sleepng with this nonsense. Honestly I put them all in with me to protect them from Rizzo. I tried to just keep Special Ed with me, but he kept screaming for everyone else. So, it was either put him back and let her kill him before he gots strong enough to defend himself, or drop them all down my pajama top. In they went, and off to la la land within seconds. Oh shush! WHATEVER... I needed SLEEP, and it worked.

So anyway...heading over to my Baby Momma's house tomorrow bright and early to pick up the chicks she hacthed for me. All the kids are in the brooder in the garage and I am WIDE awake because I am scared to death that the heat lamp is going to catch a fire and I wont know it cause I am sleeping. Thank goodness I live in Souther most Florida. They won't even need a heat lamp longer than a week cause it's 90 degrees here in the shade at night time. So, I guess I will be awake nights for the next week.
tongue.gif

Aaaaah but I am happy. I will post pics just as soon s things settle down around here. Wait til you see how furry their feet are. It is hysterical.

I hope you all are thrilled with your hatches. WE DID IT!!!

xoxo Annmarie

Are you all as tired as I am?!
I am WIDE awake because I am scared to death that the heat lamp is going to catch a fire and I wont know it cause I am sleeping. Thank goodness I live in Souther most Florida. They won't even need a heat lamp longer than a week cause it's 90 degrees here in the shade at night time. So, I guess I will be awake nights for the next week.
tongue.gif

Aaaaah but I am happy. I will post pics just as soon s things settle down around here. Wait til you see how furry their feet are. It is hysterical.

I hope you all are thrilled with your hatches. WE DID IT!!!

xoxo Annmarie

X2!! I don't understand why chicks need a heat source when it's 104 here outside!! That's hot - more than the 95 degree brooder! We're having serious storms here and power outages and I think I must be nutz to hang a heat light inside!
I can't believe anyone would want to do this/ go through this all over again right off the bat!! ChicksinPR and Kimbroe, aren't you tired?? Well, I'll love reading along with any posts you have and wish you the best. You're stronger person than me. I might do this again in the fall but right now the heat is drying me up inside out! My chicks might have to stay inside for awhile because I can't take this weather. Don't wanna clean coops and such when it's this hot. I'm a cold weather person! (of course I gripe about that in the winter)!! Good luck all.

This is what I woke up too this morning. I checked on them off and on all night. Tonight at 9pm is 21 days. I'm nervous that it's taking too long between pip & zip. They were both pipped last night about 8pm and only 1 has zipped.
fl.gif
Am I supposed to be this much of a nervous mess?
idunno.gif

i lost the little sick one, found her dead this morning. Put the 4 in the brooder this morning, hoping the rest hatch soon. these guys were on day 22- 23 so maybe the rest need a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom