Setting eggs 6-18 anyone with me

Ok it sounds like it's getting tough. Hang in there everyone.
hugs.gif

xoxo Annmarie

I just have to throw in that I'm so glad I joined this Hatch thread! Everyone's encouraging words are super helpful. Comparing "notes" has been super great. I think I would've drove my husband up the wall if I hadn't joined. Thank You to all!!
hugs.gif

Are you all as tired as I am?!
th.gif
Holy smokes we have been hatching for 3 days over here. 2 on Friday, 2 on Saturday, and 3 this afternoon. Just waiting on one more. No pip yet, but yesterday was day 21, and these last 3 came in near the end, so I am holding out hope this one will pip and zip by morning.

First hatch. What an adventure! One stuck its foot through yolk sack and almost didnt make it at all. I had to intervene with him. That was scary. One pipped, and zipped within 20 minutes while my back was turned dealing with "Special Ed". Two were sticky chicks, that was a mess. All of them but one took atleast 9 hours between pip to zip. Then zipped in like 20 minutes. My smallest egg actually hatched first, is truly loud and proud that she is THE BOSS, and she is actually starting to look bigger than the rest. hmmmm. She picks on "Special Ed". I had to peck her twice because she just went too far. She had "Special Ed pinned on his back pecking the heck out of him. I nailed her right on the top of the head. she is so awnry if she is ... awake! The only time she is tolerable is when she is sleeping. The others are sweetie pies.

They are all the size of my thumb, and running at top speed in the brooder like a pin ball machine. Don't tell anyone but they spent two nights in the bed with me.
hide.gif
Hey, you laugh, but I want them bonded strong to me. Plus it was so fun to cuddle with them. Please take a moment to imagine my husband sleepng with this nonsense. Honestly I put them all in with me to protect them from Rizzo. I tried to just keep Special Ed with me, but he kept screaming for everyone else. So, it was either put him back and let her kill him before he gots strong enough to defend himself, or drop them all down my pajama top. In they went, and off to la la land within seconds. Oh shush! WHATEVER... I needed SLEEP, and it worked.

So anyway...heading over to my Baby Momma's house tomorrow bright and early to pick up the chicks she hacthed for me. All the kids are in the brooder in the garage and I am WIDE awake because I am scared to death that the heat lamp is going to catch a fire and I wont know it cause I am sleeping. Thank goodness I live in Souther most Florida. They won't even need a heat lamp longer than a week cause it's 90 degrees here in the shade at night time. So, I guess I will be awake nights for the next week.
tongue.gif

Aaaaah but I am happy. I will post pics just as soon s things settle down around here. Wait til you see how furry their feet are. It is hysterical.

I hope you all are thrilled with your hatches. WE DID IT!!!

xoxo Annmarie
gig.gif
I laugh because that would be me too, droppin em down the pajama top and my DH asking where the heck I just put those chickens!!!
gig.gif
OMG! I have tears streaming down my face from laughing so much!!! How wonderful for you!!

i Got Twins...

I also had a premie I had to help out... she was down for almost 2 days... but she is Starting To walk Around today...

i Had 12 total ...

1 was sticky And died a few hours after pipping. I wish I intervened .
he.gif

2 were of the same breed and were born with physical defects. 1 I culled And 1 died on it's own. Blue Adalusion chicks
sad.png

2 more were sticky and only 1 made it. I t is just starting To walk Around.
fl.gif

So of those 5... only 1 made it. I hadn;t written in a while, and now you Know why. It has been very tough.

So on a lighter note, I have 2 healthy twin polish cuties, 1 wheaten marans cutie, 1 EE/polis mix cutie, 1 oe, 1 Barred rock, 1 Ameraucana, 1 EE (this is the premie that is mentioned above),
jumpy.gif

I cleaned and disinfected the bators... got another box today full of eggs and 1 coming on thursday. oh I must Stop...... no...yes...no... ok, ok, ok, after these next 4 boxes hatch I am done...

i Had 12 total ...

1 was sticky And died a few hours after pipping. I wish I intervened .
he.gif

2 were of the same breed and were born with physical defects. 1 I culled And 1 died on it's own. Blue Adalusion chicks
sad.png

2 more were sticky and only 1 made it. I t is just starting To walk Around.
fl.gif

So of those 5... only 1 made it. I hadn;t written in a while, and now you Know why. It has been very tough.

So on a lighter note, I have 2 healthy twin polish cuties, 1 wheaten marans cutie, 1 EE/polis mix cutie, 1 oe, 1 Barred rock, 1 Ameraucana, 1 EE (this is the premie that is mentioned above),
jumpy.gif

I cleaned and disinfected the bators... got another box today full of eggs and 1 coming on thursday. oh I must Stop...... no...yes...no... ok, ok, ok, after these next 4 boxes hatch I am done...
will you be starting another hatch thread?? I would love to participate and my eggs should arrive wednesday...

I started a couple of days after everyone and they just went into lock down last night. Should be here sometime on Wed I think. Quick question though. If I set on a Wed evening does this count as 1 or does Thursday evening count as day 1? I've been counting as Thrusday evening counts as 1 as its a whole 24 hours. If its the other way the chicks should be here tomorrow and I put them into lock down a day late....

Back
Top Bottom