Setting eggs on 3/7. Anyone else?

Well, there are now 4 hatched and a few more pips, so here's hoping for the rest
fl.gif

Not the best quality shots, but got a BR and a RIR out
big_smile.png

I just finished candling because I had a bad feeling. Out of 33 eggs left, 6 appear to have died around lockdown, 2 had pipped internally and were shrink wrapped, the rest were mostly shrink wrapped some of them not but dead regardless.

I got 2 healthy hatchlings....otherwise feel like a murderer. :(

I just finished candling because I had a bad feeling. Out of 33 eggs left, 6 appear to have died around lockdown, 2 had pipped internally and were shrink wrapped, the rest were mostly shrink wrapped some of them not but dead regardless.

I got 2 healthy hatchlings....otherwise feel like a murderer. :(
I'm sorry to hear that. I had a similar hatch and I felt the same way. I didn't even get one during that hatch. Try to figure out what when wrong (my guess is low humidity) and try again. I was so paranoid about humidity this time that I think it contributed to my successful hatch.

I thought my eggs were all dead because they didn't hatch on time. Two days later though, I have so many hatch that I've lost count. Today, 4 days after hatch day, I woke up to find two more that hatched and were doing extremely well.

I thought my eggs were all dead because they didn't hatch on time. Two days later though, I have so many hatch that I've lost count. Today, 4 days after hatch day, I woke up to find two more that hatched and were doing extremely well.

Did you remove the chicks that had hatched already from the brooder? If so, at what point?
CJ

My hatch day was supposed to be last Wednesday, but the only two to try to hatch that day both died.
Then woke up at 5:30 am on Friday to find two had hatched, and they kept coming all day.
I removed all the hatched ones on Saturday morning. We left for a few hours, came back to find two more.
I candle all the ones that hadn't hatched and removed the ones with no movement from the Bator and left the moving ones in. After I did that two more hatched Saturday evening. And the two more this morning.

Day 23 here and no sign of anything! Should I be worried? Would y'all recommend candling or floating at this point ? I hope I haven't murdered 38 chicks because candling at day 15 all looked well.

Jhook, I'd give them more time. I had seven more hatch today, even they should have hatched on last Wednesday.
Or if you candle one and it has movement, just leave them alone.
This was my first hatch ever and biggest thing I've learned is, just let the eggs do their thing.

Back
Top Bottom