Setting eggs today, 6-30-12...anyone else want to join in the fun???

I thought I would share a picture of my Naked Neck Nancy with her sweet little baby that hatched on Saturday. She is a good momma. I had to tip the food over out of that black dish, that baby is so small it can't get up into it yet. I think that baby is nor more than 2.5 inches long and fluffy as all get out. I think it might end up being frizzled. I really love the color and hope that it is a girl.

I thought I would share a picture of my Naked Neck Nancy with her sweet little baby that hatched on Saturday. She is a good momma. I had to tip the food over out of that black dish, that baby is so small it can't get up into it yet. I think that baby is nor more than 2.5 inches long and fluffy as all get out. I think it might end up being frizzled. I really love the color and hope that it is a girl.

You can tell she's watching you closely to make sure her baby is safe! What a good momma!!! And her tiny baby is so cute!

Thank you. I think she is precious too!!!

So is everyone done now with this hatch? Does anyone else have other eggs setting now? I won't have any more for a few weeks yet.

Thank you. I think she is precious too!!!

So is everyone done now with this hatch? Does anyone else have other eggs setting now? I won't have any more for a few weeks yet.
My incubator is empty and resting for the first time since March. It is actually odd to sit here without that soft humm of the incubator.

I am mostly done for the year. I have a couple more sets of eggs I want to buy that I will hatch if I can get them. I also have a test breeding I'd like to do. Right now I'm waiting for a young cockeral to figure out he's a boy! Once he does I'll set a few of his eggs and hatch them. But that's it! I love the chicks, but I am ready for a break!

I agree...it is odd to see it sit still and quiet. I am working on a big wedding cake this week for a delivery Saturday, so I can't even let myself get lost on sales page here or on ebay. But I am looking at getting some eggs to go with some I pre ordered a few months ago for an August delivery. I figure if I have to run the incubator and have chicks in the brooder it might as well be full. :)

No humming incubators and this list has gotten quiet too.
sad.png
I know we still have some with eggs incubating.

gvolkert... when are your next eggs due?

In the jungle... I know you have several due dates... are we getting close to the first one?

Anyone else?

WyoChickenMamma... a wedding cake? Wow! I'm impressed!!! And I'm so with you on if I'm doing the work anyway it might as well be a full brooder!

All is good here. Smudgie is no longer tube fed and she continues to gain weight! Now my only challenge will be convincing my daughter that she is not going to be a house chicken!!!

@Cats Cradle...you can check out my cakes if you want to here...if you have facebook. I have not taken the time to build my own website yet, so I am just using the FB for free for now. I prefer not to do wedding cakes, I prefer the fun, one of a kind...no stress...kind of cakes. But I do some weddings. I live down 4 miles of a washboard dirt road, so doing these 4 tier huge wedding cakes gives me a lot of stress. I am taking a dinner break now, so it is nice to have a sit down and step away from the cake...anything chickens is always a good distraction and stress reliever. I was just out a bit ago to fill the feeders and was bitching to the chickens about red velvet cake. LOL They are such good listeners.

Can't wait to hear about some other hatches....and don't know if I will be able to keep myself from ordering some eggs. :)

edited to add my link....Ooooops...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Celebrations/154533347902129?ref=hl

Last edited:
Hello all - I've been out of town for a bit and am so glad to be home. My little chick that hatched 9 days ago is doing great. S/he is spoiled rotten! My son took great care of her/him while I was gone. When I got home I swear s/he recognized my voice.

I currently have five eggs (Silver Spangled Hamburgs again) in my bator that I am planning on candling today or tomorrow. Lock down will be August 5th.

Does anyone know how soon before I can tell if my chick is a he or a she. I've got names picked out either way. If it a she her name is Matilda, if its a he his name will be Mr. Magoo

I thought I would share a picture of the wedding cake I delivered today. It was awful, the cake slide in my car and one tier came all the way off. I have never had this happen before. I think a combination of the heat, humidity and dirt roads just took a toll on the cake. Thank God for flowers. :) The ceremony and reception were outside and it was threatening to rain, so the cake had to hang out in there garage until they needed it...so not the best background shot, but still ended up a pretty cake. My chickens are all doing great and I am excited for new eggs to come to get those incubators fired back up again!!!

Back
Top Bottom