Setting eggs tomorrow night, 3/29/12, anyone want to hatch with us?

I am so sorry to read this!!! Have you figured out any way to help her? There are days when I seriously wish I'd gone to vet school!

Your marans eggs are gorgeous!!!

No Not yet but somebody linked me to a Poultry orthopedist and I posted... He needs to see a picture so tonight when I get home I will send it off to him.... Poor bird..

Update on "Bitty."

I thought I'd give you a quick update on my daughter's tiny Bantam chick, which she has named Bitty. For the most part is acting like she feels fine, I see her eating, drinking and even preening herself. We've isolated her with the next 2 smallest chicks so she has company, but isn't being pushed around by larger chicks. I picked up some electrolytes to add to her water too.

At this point, if I hadn't weighed her I probably wouldn't be worried because she acts pretty normal. She did have one extended peeping time this afternoon, but an hour or so I saw her chasing another chick for whatever intesting tidbit it had.

It's her weight that's bugging me. The first time I weighed her was yesterday afternoon. She weighed only 14.48 grams!!! She went up from that a little, but then down again and even dropped to a low this morning of only 13.80 grams. Currently she weighs only 14.18, so while she's up from this morning she is still down from yesterday and that's what is bugging me.

Any thoughts?

Here is a picture of Bitty
I wouldn't worry ... Out of my 2 wheaton Ameruacanas that hatched one is 1/2 the size but it is active and feisty !!! As long as she is drinking eating and pooping ..... I would not worry. I had one I helped hatch that hadn't absorbed the yolk sack and he was little ... aptly named chicken little (brooder light even fell in on him) he was the most curious active chick and grew just fine.... Keep us posted

celebrate.gif
Yesterday I had 2 Cochin mix, & 2 EE's hatch. By 7AM today a Black Silky hatched. The second Silky egg only had a tiny push against the egg, same as it's been for 2 days. But by 8:35 AM it was hatched!! So I've 6 babies, with 3 eggs left. I put the eggs to my ear & tapped on the shell. In 2 of the eggs I could hear pipping. Hope Hope Hope they make it!
fl.gif

2 Cochin mix, 2 EE's 2 Silky. The Silky to the left is actually from last weeks hatching. The second Silky to hatch today is still in the incubator drying out. Last weeks Silky is so much smaller than the other chicks the Brood Momma is caring for it kinda gets ignored or left out. Brought him back in to be w/smaller babies. Even so, he's still slightly smaller than yesterdays hatchlings.

2 Cochin mix, 2 EE's 2 Silky. The Silky to the left is actually from last weeks hatching. The second Silky to hatch today is still in the incubator drying out. Last weeks Silky is so much smaller than the other chicks the Brood Momma is caring for it kinda gets ignored or left out. Brought him back in to be w/smaller babies. Even so, he's still slightly smaller than yesterdays hatchlings.
So Cute!!! What day are you on???
I have Silkies in with Wheaton Amerauncanas born the same day and they are so small in comparison .... When the Wheatons jump around I am so scared they are going to smush the bantams!!!

So Cute!!! What day are you on???
I have Silkies in with Wheaton Amerauncanas born the same day and they are so small in comparison .... When the Wheatons jump around I am so scared they are going to smush the bantams!!!

The Cochins & EE's hatched on day 21. The Silkies hatched on day 22. Today is day 22. I still think there is a chance that 2 of the 3 eggs left will hatch. The Cochins are walking on the Silkies. One of the EE's had quite a good size egg sack still on it at hatching. Wonder why when it's the full amt. of time for there to be yolk left? It's all dry now but still attached. I was hoping for a White Silky or a Splash. I've a white female and a black male. So far all I'm getting is black babies. OK if they're female!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

yippiechickie.gif
These are my babies. 6 new ones and one that is a week old.The wk old chick is at the food cup, both pictures. Hoping the other 3 eggs will hatch. Haven't given up on them yet.

The Cochins & EE's hatched on day 21. The Silkies hatched on day 22. Today is day 22. I still think there is a chance that 2 of the 3 eggs left will hatch. The Cochins are walking on the Silkies. One of the EE's had quite a good size egg sack still on it at hatching. Wonder why when it's the full amt. of time for there to be yolk left? It's all dry now but still attached. I was hoping for a White Silky or a Splash. I've a white female and a black male. So far all I'm getting is black babies. OK if they're female!!

Where do you live??? I have 2 splash Silkie babies that are SO CUTE and 4 whites that are due to hatch in 8 days
jumpy.gif
I'm hoping for a girl..... Did I mention I just set 24 mostly BBS silkies this morning? there were 3 Lavenders, 3 Blacks , 2 partridge, and 1 white.... so chances of more splashes are good :)

Back
Top Bottom