Setting Today (03-02-2012)

MyNameIs86

Songster
7 Years
Feb 28, 2012
New Jersey
Hello!
I'm deciding to set my eggs today/tonight at 8:30pm. Since i'm doing it at night, I guess 03-03-2012 would be considered as Day 1... Correct?

Sooo that would mean March 20, 2012 would be day 18... Right?
Or do i have something wrong? i am trying to make a table to check my work.

Thanks! I set 24 Welsummers and 6 EEs, 5 were bad or infertile. I am having some problems though, my eggs' air cells look so wrong. I posted this in the main forum, but haven't gotten many responses yet.

This is what my air cells look like, most looked like this when I got them in the mail. The are all uneven and large. I have them all upright now. The chicks are bouncing around in there. Do you think they will make it or is there a good probability that they won't?

Thank you so much!

Sounds about right!

I set my eggs late last night/today! Even though we're a day apart, we can still be hatching buddies! Haha

How many have you set? And what kind?

i am setting a dozen. Not sure what kind. i got em from a farm and forgot to ask. :(

I just set them around 8:30pm. The thermometer dropped down to 80 degrees when i put it on top of the eggs which were room temperature. Eeek.

Last edited:
I originally set a dozen, but added 3 more today. Mine are all mutts. I have leghorns but my rooster is a red star/bantam mix. And I have another hen that is a black star/bantam mix. Many, many mutts! Haha I did end up getting a silkie egg from my neighbor. I hope it's fertile and hatches! I;d love to have a little silkie running around!

What kind of incubator are you using?

I originally set a dozen, but added 3 more today. Mine are all mutts. I have leghorns but my rooster is a red star/bantam mix. And I have another hen that is a black star/bantam mix. Many, many mutts! Haha I did end up getting a silkie egg from my neighbor. I hope it's fertile and hatches! I;d love to have a little silkie running around!

What kind of incubator are you using?

Hova Bator (Still Air) Incubator.
I rented it for $200 (I get $150 back when I return it to the farm.)

Cool. I'm also using a hova bator still air. the 1602N model.

how's your temperature? Got it back to 100??

For my first hatch, I used a 5gal. aquarium homemade incubator. I ended up with 1 out of 4. So, I'm hoping for better results this time.
So far, the temperature has been at a steady 100degrees.

Have you hatched before?

Cool. I'm also using a hova bator still air. the 1602N model.

how's your temperature? Got it back to 100??

For my first hatch, I used a 5gal. aquarium homemade incubator. I ended up with 1 out of 4. So, I'm hoping for better results this time.
So far, the temperature has been at a steady 100degrees.

Have you hatched before?

right now @ 10:29pm it is back in the 90's... But its still going... hopefully by tomorrow it will be back to normal.
i would say this is my official first hatch but I have tried a bout 10 years ago with 1 egg in a glass aquarium w/ nothing but hay for bedding and a light. lol.
I am pretty excited for this hatch. The eggs are from the farm, and seemed newly laid. so I'm crossing my fingers.
It was 100 degree's prior to putting the eggs in.

I hope that temperature gets up there!

fl.gif
now, here's to successful hatches! :)

I just set my first two eggs tonight as well. I was waiting to see if my lazy hens would lay anymore but no luck. So into the bator went my two lonely eggs. One is a leghorn x BO and the other is a Dominique or Sussex x BO. Here's to hoping at least one hatches in my home made incubator.

Back
Top Bottom