Setting Today (03-02-2012)

At 6:34pm, I went to check on the eggs...and i saw a pip in one of the eggs!!!!!
AHHHH!! So eggsited!!! I didn't hear any peeping though... is that a good sign if i see a pip but no sound?

Last edited:
At 6:34pm, I went to check on the eggs...and i saw a pip in one of the eggs!!!!!
AHHHH!! So eggsited!!! I didn't hear any peeping though... is that a good sign if i see a pip but no sound?

Pipping is always a good sign. Most of mine stay silent then once they're out they peep like crazy! Congrats on the pip! :)

We have 18 hatched, 17 left with only 4 without pips and none of mine made any noise until they hatched and then they scream! So far we have one silkie out of5 3 others have pips and i just checked one without a pip and it is moving so it just needs more time! Congrats! By the way it all went very fast. When i left my house at 830am we had 3 hatched by the time i got home at 7pm we had 17 total!

Pipping is always a good sign. Most of mine stay silent then once they're out they peep like crazy! Congrats on the pip! :)

oooo. Thanks. :) I wish I actually saw the pipping in action though. not the aftermath of the small pip. I spotted it at 6:34pm and it's now 7:35pm and no more action. Just that same small pip spot. 1 out of 10 so far!!!

We have 18 hatched, 17 left with only 4 without pips and none of mine made any noise until they hatched and then they scream! So far we have one silkie out of5 3 others have pips and i just checked one without a pip and it is moving so it just needs more time! Congrats! By the way it all went very fast. When i left my house at 830am we had 3 hatched by the time i got home at 7pm we had 17 total!

Congrats on your hatch ratio. I have 10 in total (out of 12) and so far 1 out of the 10 has pipped. I wonder how many will be pipped by tomorrow morning. The one that pipped is not the one that rolled though I am shocked. I thought the one egg that rolled would have been the one that pipped first. Can they pip on the bottom of the egg? where you can't see? Or will they pip on the top of the egg you can see?

Well i saw my first pip yesterday morning at 5am, that egg hatched at 11pm. and yes they can pip on the bottom, I think mine actually did it on purpose so i wouldnt watch! lol
oooo. Thanks. :) I wish I actually saw the pipping in action though. not the aftermath of the small pip. I spotted it at 6:34pm and it's now 7:35pm and no more action. Just that same small pip spot. 1 out of 10 so far!!!

Congrats on your hatch ratio. I have 10 in total (out of 12) and so far 1 out of the 10 has pipped. I wonder how many will be pipped by tomorrow morning. The one that pipped is not the one that rolled though I am shocked. I thought the one egg that rolled would have been the one that pipped first. Can they pip on the bottom of the egg? where you can't see? Or will they pip on the top of the egg you can see?

I put a picture of the first pip in another thread but it can also be seen on my blog...

www.mk365projects.blogspot.com

almost 2 hours later and still nothing has moved or changed from the pip in the picture. :(
grrr. i wish it would do something.... the inside of the shell is white... is that good or bad? (should it be clear?)

the water in the bowl is low though. Can i still add water if need be? or should I let it be? how long should i leave the chick in there after it hatches and if the other eggs are not pipped yet?

Last edited:
Thanks, it's okay though I got two beautiful babies out of it :)
hugs.gif
I am so sorry!

It's a boy! First baby came out a day early and it is a boy! I am torn I did not want a boy but at least he hatched :) my DD already named him "Box" LOL I have 2 other pips all are my own, none of the shipped eggs are doing anything! But it is a day early! Would post a pic but I can't from my phone :-(

Back
Top Bottom