Use a sewing oil please.
Thank you, I've been struggling as to what to use for a while now. I've been working on cleaning it out.
20230122_154342.jpg

Kind of quiet in here 🤔 I need help cutting pieces for the Ohio star, at first I cut everything the same size, but after cutting and sewing triangles, and then again, everything kind of shrunk, so the solid pieces were way to big 😬 any helpful ideas?! Since it’s going to be Christmas, I decided to take up sewing again, but my machine needs servicing, I am not the only person starting to sew again, so they have a 2-3 weeks wait list 😬

Kind of quiet in here 🤔 I need help cutting pieces for the Ohio star, at first I cut everything the same size, but after cutting and sewing triangles, and then again, everything kind of shrunk, so the solid pieces were way to big 😬 any helpful ideas?! Since it’s going to be Christmas, I decided to take up sewing again, but my machine needs servicing, I am not the only person starting to sew again, so they have a 2-3 weeks wait list 😬
I don’t have any advice, but wanted to add a 2-3 week wait list isn’t bad at all. I took my machine on for some issues last month, it was a 6 week wait. They put you on a list when you call and will send you an email to bring it in when they are ready for it.

I want to use the old White she is my go to for heavy fabric.
Viking Husqvarna 21 A last one built in Sweden.
These are my true treasures. 20200210_230403.jpg 20200210_230417.jpg

IMG_4125.jpeg

On the right the original square, on the left shrunk to about 2/3 of the size ( the light squares on the corners ) I had to cut them down to size, the whole patch turned out smaller than planned 😬 I adore my sewing machine but sometimes I wish it had less gimmicks , the thread cutter has turned dull, but I can’t really turn it off , I have to stop the machine und pull on the threads and cut them, if I sew regular, the thread always get caught on the dull blade, tried to remove it, but it is in there tight , too afraid to use force, and I fear it is still sharp enough to cut a finger 🤪

Just as the potholder was finished, I cut a hole into it while cutting a thread 😩 anyways, my machine is in service, tried to hand-sew some pieces, but it is hard/slow going compared to machine sewing 🤪 kudos to our (great) grandmothers who did every by hand 😅
IMG_5986.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom